relax

Author Topic: WOOHOO, Singles Board!  (Read 20676 times)

Offline Astoria Luv

• Global Moderator
  • Governor
Re: WOOHOO, Singles Board!
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2008, 02:53:09 PM »
Hey everyone, I started a new topic for the event, which you probably noticed.

http://www.astorians.com/community/index.php?topic=10052.0

Offline 60decibels

• Activist
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2008, 04:41:11 PM »
Hi - I'm also single, over 35  :wink: and would like to meet other singles. After the wedding I went to last week, I think all my friends are married/coupled! (well, not all, but you get the picture)
-Deborah

Offline megc

• President
  • Sea turtles need our help.
    • Harmonious Belly
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
maybe there's someone in astorians.com

It's not outside of the realm of possibilities - I know of at least three couples that met through astorians.com.  One of the couples even got married.  I know the other two couples are very happy.  :)

Claudia374

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »
Hi all - my name is Claudia, I am 34 and have lived in Astoria for 7 years.  I think this singles board is a great idea.  My friends seem to be scattered thoughout all the boroughs, so I look forward to meeting some fellow Astorians.  :-)

Offline Astoria Luv

• Global Moderator
  • Governor
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2008, 11:41:10 AM »
Hi all - my name is Claudia, I am 34 and have lived in Astoria for 7 years.  I think this singles board is a great idea.  My friends seem to be scattered thoughout all the boroughs, so I look forward to meeting some fellow Astorians.  :-)

Welcome, Claudia,

You probably saw it already, but we're having a singles mixer on Wednesday, April 23, at Indigos, right off of the 30th Avenue stop @ 7:00 PM.  Just add your name to the list!

http://www.astorians.com/community/index.php?topic=10052.0

Izey

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 12:40:43 PM »
Hi all,....new to Astoria,...and SINGLE!

Astorianita11

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 12:28:08 AM »
I'd like to try and make the next one. I am 27 and relatively new to the area  8-)

Alexander

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »
Hello to all... New to this..

Offline lizluv43

• Governor
    • Myspace page
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 10:48:25 AM »
I totally forgot about this....

I'm not single so this isnt' for me but my b/f brother is single ... I'd like to bring him to the next singles mixer.

About him,

He's 33
Blue eyes
Blue Collar
Straight (sorry guys, lol)

The line of work he does (work with men) doesn't really give him the opportunity to meet girls so I think this would be a great opportunity.

So, when is the next get together?????

Plus it's summer, the perfect time!
I am immature by choice, I found that being mature was quite dreary. That's why I come to Astorians.com where every hour is Happy Hour!

dneedle1

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2008, 03:35:19 PM »
Single guy, 38.  Just joined Astorians.

Offline BRIAN

• Activist
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2008, 06:37:03 AM »
Hello   im 47/m/single/divorced-parent  1 son hes 21 its nice to have singles board.

11105ASTNY

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2008, 10:41:25 PM »
Hi All,

I am new on this site as of tonight, I was wondering how many people are active on this site???

Offline tommy48

• Resident
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2008, 08:08:12 AM »
to ; 11105ASTNY   the web-site and it's topics are great !  the topic ''single and dating'' was put out a few months ago , which did'nt do well . personal it's ashame that it did'nt do well . i think it's better to meet someone on this site , then say meet someone at a bar. the singles board ( so far) is just people introducing themselfs and that's it . maybe something will click . anyway , enjoy the web-site . take care ,bye

Offline MFells

• Activist
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:37 AM »
We did have a singles event once but I dont know if anyone made any connections. I made some new friends but no love interests from it. I wish this post would get more interest also.....

I'll start- I'm 27-straight, white, female - short, average shape, brown hair/brown eyes.... usually tan- love the beach and love animals. super close to my family and friends ... but I work too many hours...

11105ASTNY

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2008, 12:39:35 PM »
I think this board need more activity, more activity means more people. The trick is to attract more members to this area

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life