relax

Author Topic: WOOHOO, Singles Board!  (Read 20912 times)

Offline casicua

• Senator
WOOHOO, Singles Board!
« on: March 31, 2008, 12:24:58 AM »
Good to see this board come up. How do these things work? I've never seen a public forum for singles online.
Do we all just interact on here and have everyone else just watch the drama unfold like a soap opera or bad Springer episode? :-D

CountingZestfully

Re: WOOHOO, Singles Board!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 12:28:35 AM »
Maybe we share our dating horror stories? I've got a few. That seems to be the only thing I get out of dating anymore, is stories to tell at parties.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 01:13:34 AM »
Dating bites!!  I certainly can empathize with the only result from the dating being the stories of woe. 

haziemal

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 12:08:49 PM »
My stories are LEGENDARY. I'm always threatening to write a book. I even get requests for a few of them at parties.

I don't know how this whole thing should work, either. As the person who asked about it over on the Announcements board, I guess I should take some sort of initiative. Maybe we should start threads for age groups, orientation, etc.?  Some sort of meetup eventually? Other thoughts???

At any rate, I like the idea of a place for all the single kids to congregate via web  :mrgreen:

Offline MostlyHarmless

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »
Hey, I am single! What do I do now? Where are the instructions for this? Do I just say a little about myself and a little about what I am looking for?

About Me: I am eating everything but the almonds in a bag of trail mix.
    Looking For: A girl who likes to eat almonds.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

How about we just start out by letting people know if you are single and interested in meeting other single astorians? Then if there are more than just a handful of us we can start up some more specific threads. So if you are single, just a little "Hi, I am single" will do fine.

Offline angastoria

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »
single here :-)!

---i should be working, oh well---

Offline pineapple

• Senator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

About Me: I am eating everything but the almonds in a bag of trail mix.
    Looking For: A girl who likes to eat almonds.

yum almonds. 

Offline robynlynn

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:52:50 PM »
well, i am single female, in my early thirties...I just moved to the area about a month ago and pretty much know no one :( Just looking for a guy who likes to travel, has a good sense of humor, and will hopefully not become a "dating horror story".
BTW..love almonds, hates trail mix because of the raisins.

CountingZestfully

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 11:05:43 PM »
My stories are LEGENDARY. I'm always threatening to write a book. I even get requests for a few of them at parties.

Haha! I've been told to write a book a few times. I think I may settle for a blog one of these days. I'm beginning to suspect that my dating stories are the sole reason my married friends invite me to their parties anymore...

Offline JustRachel

• Council Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »
Maybe we share our dating horror stories? I've got a few. That seems to be the only thing I get out of dating anymore, is stories to tell at parties.

Me too! Maybe we need a multi-authored blog to share stories, old & new.
"They said that Queens could stay" - Billy Joel

Offline julie1215

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 03:00:24 AM »
and single here!  :wink:

Kim@TierraSana

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »
Singles Board is awsome anyone interested in Speed Dating hopefully I will help run an a fun filled night that includes wine tasting and seed dating for all of queens! I would like to know how many people are interested in a event like that... You can reply here or send me an Email at   Kim.TierraSana@Yahoo.com

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 11:14:36 AM »
Singles Board is awsome anyone interested in Speed Dating hopefully I will help run an a fun filled night that includes wine tasting and seed dating for all of queens! I would like to know how many people are interested in a event like that... You can reply here or send me an Email at   Kim.TierraSana@Yahoo.com

Speed dating, yes I'd be interested.  Seed dating however, sounds quite scary.

MelissaG

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »
I'm single...although I don't know how I feel about speed dating.  :-)

jesrey

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »
*raises hand*

"Hi, I'm single"

Hello everyone. I don't know what seed dating is. Sounds weird. (someone holding a pack of seeds and a clipboard with a calendar is the imagery I get)

I work two jobs and go to college. I never have time for anything during the week.  :-(

Weekends, though...

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life