Poll

have you tried OCEANO'S yet???at 35st and Ditmars Blvd

finally something diferent
2 (40%)
yea it is good
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 03, 2008, 11:55:18 PM

Author Topic: OCEANO'S the new place in town  (Read 11879 times)

aquitoyo

OCEANO'S the new place in town
« on: March 04, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »
what a surprise!!!! i must say at first i was hesitent,but i did give the restraunt a try,i was pleasantly surprised the menu was just deliteful i didn't know what to try first.the wait staff was very helpful with their suggestion and i started off with the coconut shrimp appetizer,(delicious with each bite!!! to say the least.}well.as i was still debating on the suggestions of my waiter this gentleman approached my table.he akked me how everthing was,come to find out he was one of the owners!!!! what a pleasant man he suggeted that i try his favorite dish.CHURRASCO CON CHIMICHURRI.you have to try this mouth watering dish words cannot describe the unremarkable taste.I will be back again and again till i have tried everything on their TERRIFIC menu. IF you like a friendliy.family oriented atmosphere you have to try this unbeliveable restaurant.oh!!! and for your grand finale don't forget my dessert suggestion the MOCHA  FLAN will speack for itself!!!! DON'T BE FOOLED....between the latino flair.there is something for eveyone.If it's steak.seafood.or pasta, this is your place,and veggetarians!!!! your in luck, they will accomadate you with only the freshest of veggetables!!! GREAT RIGHT!!! OCEANO'S is gacious to eveyone. and hey? not sure what to have? well,they give you an alternative option!!!! just CREATE YOUR OWN.FANTASTIC OCEANO'S.thank you for a wonerfull dining experiance.....LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Re: OCEANO'S the new place in town
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:34:55 AM »
you didn't mention where they are located.

Offline Pulled pork

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 05:13:36 AM »
you didn't mention where they are located.

And didn't mention that he/she might be the owner or a relative.  That's a mighty fine review, look at all those exclamation points and CAPPED letters. Must be good.  And with a line like "OCEANO'S is gacious to eveyone", how could you not go and experience the gaciousness for yourself. 

Dude, just be honest.  If you are related to the owner then best of luck but don't write a bogus posting.  By the way, there is a spell check button, try it.

Offline roy

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »

Offline masande

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:54:06 AM »
i'm a big fan of polls that don't let you vote 'yes'. both answers infer that the respondent has never heard of the place. i'm assuming some marketing professor is feeling a sharp pain in his/her side from this survey.

Offline Bob the Astorian

• Activist
  • Astoria Nation
    • My flickr Photos
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:59:27 AM »
what a pleasant man he suggeted that i try his favorite dish.CHURRASCO CON CHIMICHURRI.you have to try this mouth watering dish words cannot describe the unremarkable taste.

LOL!

Offline Pulled pork

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 09:00:01 AM »

Offline urrisgirl

• Senator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »
What does this mean?

Astroturfing. (from Wikipedia).

Astroturfing in American English is a neologism for formal public relations campaigns in politics and advertising that seek to create the impression of being spontaneous, grassroots behavior, hence the reference to the artificial grass AstroTurf.

The goal of such a campaign is to disguise the efforts of a political or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to some political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event. Astroturfers attempt to orchestrate the actions of apparently diverse and geographically distributed individuals, by both overt ("outreach," "awareness," etc.) and covert (disinformation) means. Astroturfing may be undertaken by anything from an individual pushing their own personal agenda through to highly organized professional groups with financial backing from large corporations, non-profits, or activist organizations.

BigBryan

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 09:46:37 AM »
Well I learned something new today :mrgreen:

Offline Bentleys Dad

• Governor
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 10:13:40 AM »

By the way, there is a spell check button, try it.

Spell check notwithstanding, not everyone's mother tongue is English, DUDE.
if you stand for nothing you will fall for anything

lobber

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 10:40:37 AM »

Totally shameless.

Offline Hardkore

• Activist
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »
Is it a "cool place to be"?

Offline urrisgirl

• Senator
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 10:59:36 AM »
Well I learned something new today :mrgreen:

Trust me I had no idea what it meant either until about a month or so ago when someone posted something about Astroturfing somewhere else on this board.  Its great to learn something new.  :-D

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 10:59:46 AM »
And a shame.  We really liked this place and the food.  But this kind of thing is a real turn off.  So we'll know what happened if they go under.  It would be from poor judgement and stupidity (mixed with poor English skills).  Let's not be fooled this time by thinking the building is cursed.

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 11:40:41 AM »
13 posts, and I still have no effing clue where this place is.
kid.murdock
::true friends will always be there::

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life