relax

Author Topic: On waiting list for Hellgate...looking for a share partner  (Read 2377 times)

Offline lunagoddess

• Resident Visa
On waiting list for Hellgate...looking for a share partner
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:55:56 PM »
Hey,

I'm not sure if I'll get a share this year but it would be great if I could line someone up to do the share with me if I get it!

Please PM me.

Cheers,
Cheryl

elect_mckinney

Re: On waiting list for Hellgate...looking for a share partner
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 04:43:28 PM »
Hi Cheryl,
Did you get a CSA? Are you still looking to share?

Thanks,
Cynthia

Offline bethdlindsay

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 10:34:07 PM »
My husband and I are on the waiting list for a share too (and can take a full share or split one, whichever allows us to actually join!). They sent me an email saying that it was unlikely we'd be able to actually join this year. Please PM me if you get to join and still need a partner. Thanks!

Offline lunagoddess

• Resident Visa
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »
Hey,  I am still on the list and haven't heard anything yet.
I definitely need a share partner...can't imagine having all of those veggies for just me.  It would be too much of a waste of food.

PM me and we can chat about it.
Thanks!

Offline mcgowan

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »
How do you find out if you are of the lucky few who get to join?  I'm on the waiting list as well (I would love to share w/ someone if that is an option), and I've emailed asking what was going on, but haven't heard anything back.  My understanding is that it was going to open up to new members around March 13th.  Is that not true?
-Chris

Offline JavaJay73

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
I am a little confused.  Does the farm not have enough vegetables and fruits for everyone or are they just limiting what they give to a CSA and what they choose to sell on their own?  If they have enough to sell off, then why not just add more people to the CSA? 

Sorry if I sound ignorant on the subject but I am just learning about CSA's.

Offline lanseaux

• Governor
  • Mexico
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »
Unfortunately, we are limited to a certain number of shares by what the farmer can give us.  Our farmer supplies several CSAs around NYC, in addition to selling produce at a farm stand.  Right now, city-wide, there is an incredible demand for CSAs, and it's putting a real strain on area famers to supply everyone with good quality produce.  Just Food, the CSA umbrella organisation in NYC, is working hard to expand supply, but it's not easy.

To all of you who are on the waitlist, we're keeping track, and you should be hearing from us soon!  Astorians is a great place to find a share partner - threads like this are perfect.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life