relax

Author Topic: WARNING: Please read the board rules before posting here.  (Read 3658 times)

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
WARNING: Please read the board rules before posting here.
« on: February 18, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »
The nature of political dialog requires special attention be paid to those who choose to participate in the discussion. Posting in this section also carries with it risk of permanent account suspension for those who do not follow the rules or those who fail to treat other members with respect and dignity. You have been warned.

See THE RULES for more information.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:27:25 PM by merm »

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
Re: WARNING: Please read the board rules before posting here.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 06:58:50 PM »
Just another "friendly" reminder about the rules. I've suspended 3 people today for breaking the rules in the politics board so far, and I'm not even done reading for the day.

Some things to consider when posting:

* Write about posts, arguments, and positions, not members.
    * Avoid generalizations about and dismissive names for groups of people.
    * If you’ve got data, evidence, or proof, provide it and a source. If you don’t, recognize that you’re arguing from experience, anecdote, and a limited perspective.
    * Ask other members questions, particularly if you disagree. That’s a good way to avoid the sorts of erroneous assumptions that are otherwise inevitable in on-line communication.
    * Think about pronouns: “I” is generally good, “we” is tricky, and “you” is almost always a bad idea, as it implicates members and not their ideas.
    * Recognize that you’re unlikely to prove someone’s beliefs are wrong, but that a respectful explanation of why you disagree might help them understand your position.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life