relax

Author Topic: baseball season  (Read 41071 times)

Offline tommy48

• Resident
baseball season
« on: January 28, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
Does anyone know when Yankee and Mets tickets go on sale. it's usually around this time of year.

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
Re: baseball season
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »
Yankees single game tickets go on sale February 29th, but ticket packages are on sale now.  Mets tickets probably go on sale in late Feb as well.  You can always check Stubhub too, a lot of season ticket holders put their tickets up.
Speaking of season tickets, I still don't know if mine come with the All Star Option.  They effing better.
kid.murdock
::true friends will always be there::

BigBryan

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:53:31 PM »
When is the secret date that they sell the subway series tkts - apparently if you wait till the 1st day of tkt sales they're already sold out. There is, I'm told some day  before or something that insiders or season tkt guyts know about. Anyone know ?

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:45:52 PM »
you can grab the 7 game packages that include the Subway Series games.  That's the only way to get them without registering for a lottery.  I believe it works the same way for both teams.
kid.murdock

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
Oh, and in addition to not knowing about the All Star option, I found out that my season tickets don't include the last regular season game at Yankee Stadium, but both games before.  WTF?
kid.murdock

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
Cant wait for peanuts & crackerjacks

DALLAS (AP) -- Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan has agreed to become the Texas Rangers team president, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press.
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 03:44:22 PM »
Cant wait for peanuts & crackerjacks

DALLAS (AP) -- Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan has agreed to become the Texas Rangers team president, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press.

I thought you were going to say he was coming out of retirement!
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

Offline fishbulb

• Activist
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »
let's go Cubs.  :?

BigBryan

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »
What about the Lottery for Mets Yanks tkts ?
Maybe we can even set it up as an Astorians event ?

Offline murph

• Activist
    • Kevin Murphy - IT Consultant
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 04:55:47 PM »
Oh, and in addition to not knowing about the All Star option, I found out that my season tickets don't include the last regular season game at Yankee Stadium, but both games before.  WTF?

what package do you have? we were offered 2 seats to each. problem is we have 3 seats on the Friday plan.

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 05:30:09 PM »
I have the 43 game package, and I'm an idiot, because I didn't realize that the last game at Yankee Stadium was a Sunday like 2 weeks before the season actually ends, which is why I don't get it (and incidentally, I don't get the saturday game, as my tickets are during the week only).  Me am dum.
kid.murdock

Offline tommy48

• Resident
everyone forgot me
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »
Hey Guys ! it's Tommy here . i'm the one who started the Mets-Yankees ticket idea. i hope if you make plans that you include me . keep in touch , your fellow Astorian . :mrgreen:

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 09:54:44 AM »
Last regular season game at Yankee Stadium is a super premium. There is currently a drawing to have the CHANCE to buy one of the last three games, Mets games, Opening Day, Red Sox games and Old Timers day. Season license holders (except those with full seasons) will have their chance to buy their tickets around the 15th or so. But only as many as your license currently covers. (In my case 2 tix) If you win the chance in the lottery (drawing is the 25th) you can buy up to 4 tix for those games.

My 8 game plan includes a Red Sox Game and an inter-league game but NO Met games. (this year it's San Diego)

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 10:29:05 AM »
bumping!

Got 'em!

Last regular season game at the "Cathedral of Baseball", "The House that Ruth Built", aka Yankee Stadium.
Sept 21st @ 7pm. Tier Box, 5 rows up in sec 669- Upper Deck HR territory. Who knows, I may catch the last HR in The Old Stadium!
And I will say now, that if I do catch it, I won't sell it to the highest bidder. It will go to the Yankees and Baseball HOF. For a few token items of course... Big screen HDTV, Season tickets, and an Maldives Boat trip!

Offline tommy48

• Resident
america's pass time
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »
Ray , i wish you all the luck to catch the last home run ball in Yankee Stadium . i could image the thrill of doing so .

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life