relax

Author Topic: Looking for a Share Partner! Astoria CSA 2008 Season  (Read 10416 times)

Offline astoriagirl

• Citizen
Re: Looking for a Share Partner! Astoria CSA 2008 Season
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 08:45:05 PM »
Hey TRX - I don't know how to nod, but I'm a 2007 member who is returning for 2008 along with our share partners from last year.  See you at the meeting on Feb 5?

Offline idourNYC357

• Tourist
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »
Hello all - I am very interested in signing up for 2008 as a new member with a half share of both veggies and fruit. Please let me know if anyone one is out there looking for a partner!!!

pinktonks

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 10:12:34 AM »
Hello All,

Just discovered the Astorian board and this is just what I have been looking for!

I am looking for a partner to split a share of vegs and fruit for 2008 also for the Astoria CSA.

Any previous CSA users have suggestions on how they worked out their shares?

Thanks

elect_mckinney

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »
Hello Fellow Astorians,
I want to be in a CSA but am not currently a member. I would love to share with someone!

Offline idourNYC357

• Tourist
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »
Hello all - I emailed split@astoriacsa.com and they got me in contact with someone and now we're all set up with a share - If you can't find someone here, try the email too!

I'm still going to try to make the meeting next week to meet people - I think they're doing a share-partner thing there too.

Can't wait for the stuff to be coming in!!!

Offline Mr. Oliver

• Activist
    • Mr. Oliver's Flickr Photos
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »
I can't find any information about the cost of a share.  Can anyone help me out?

Danke.
---
My latest articles and reviews are at www.livemusicblog.com.
Check out my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/oliversarmy/

Offline MTW

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 01:14:33 PM »
I can't find any information about the cost of a share.  Can anyone help me out?

Danke.

On the website (astoriacsa.com): 

How much does it cost?

For our 2008 season, a basic Vegetable Share costs $495 + $25 administrative fee ($520). The administrative fee covers the cost of the website domain, fliers/ paper, tables, and anything that may come up during the year. Fruit shares last about 16 weeks and are $138. This provides around 7 pounds of mixed fruit depending on the season (peaches, berries, apples, pears). Our tomato share is $25 for a one-time 20 pound drop of tomatoes for processing. Any other add-ons are pay-as-you-go and up to the member depending on what is ordered.

sandramort

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »
I'm not really clear on a couple of things.

1) How do you get there?  It looks like a long walk from the train, is there an easier way?  I'm coming from Astoria Blvd & 31st street.  If I drove, is there a parking lot?

2) Do they accept payments in parts?  I knkow Hellgate lets you split it into three payments.  $600 is an awful lot at once.

3) When they say the fruit share is 7 pounds, does that mean 7 every week or 7 total?  Seven total seems EXTREMELY expensive but seven a week for $8.62 a weeks seems *very* cheap.

cynel

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'd like to split a half-share (which is enough for 2-3 people!) of veg and fruit with someone - is anyone else interested in splitting more than 2 ways?

Offline belle

• Council Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
1) How do you get there?  It looks like a long walk from the train, is there an easier way?  I'm coming from Astoria Blvd & 31st street.  If I drove, is there a parking lot?

The drop point is between the 36th avenue stop on the N/W or near the back end of the Steinway stop on the R/V. It's not that far of a walk from either train. There is no parking lot, but there is parking on the street, though a school is going up across the street which makes it a little tight at times.

2) Do they accept payments in parts?  I knkow Hellgate lets you split it into three payments.  $600 is an awful lot at once.

From the site (www.astoriacsa.com):
In 2008, membership opened to returning members mid-January. Registration to the public is currently open. Registration is offered online or by paper. We accept credit card (online only; deposit/ multiple payments), check or money order (mail-in; payment in-full). Full payment must be received by May 1.

3) When they say the fruit share is 7 pounds, does that mean 7 every week or 7 total?  Seven total seems EXTREMELY expensive but seven a week for $8.62 a weeks seems *very* cheap.

Also from the site:
Basic Vegetable Share (required): $495 + $25 administrative fee ($520) for 26 weeks of vegetables. The administrative fee covers the cost of the website domain, fliers/ paper, tables, storage units and anything that may come up during the year. (For low-income families we can subsidize up to $250 of this cost. Please email us about this option.)
Fruit Share (optional): $138 and lasts about 16 weeks. This provides around 7 pounds of mixed fruit depending on the season per week (peaches, berries, apples, pears). Please note that with more delicate fruits (raspberries/ blueberries) weight will not be by pounds, but pints/ half pints.
Fruit Extension (optional): $12 for a 3-week fruit extension for of strawberries.
Tomato Share (optional): $25 for a one-time 20 pound drop of Roma tomatoes for processing (you will receive non-Roma tomatoes in your regular share).
Other add-ons are pay-as-you-go and up to the member depending on what is ordered.

Offline first_lobster

• Tourist
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »
Hi, I've never done this before but I'd be interested in sharing with someone- the fruit and vegetables.  I think my roommate might be in as well (is there really enough for 3 people?)

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »
I've got a question, I'm considering joining the Astoria CSA this season and splitting with someone.  How do the volunteer hours work if you're splitting?
kid.murdock
::true friends will always be there::

Offline belle

• Council Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 11:05:44 PM »
Hi, I've never done this before but I'd be interested in sharing with someone- the fruit and vegetables.  I think my roommate might be in as well (is there really enough for 3 people?)

A: It depends on how much you eat out or how many veggies/ fruit you eat. Some people split 6 ways and said it was too much, others split between 2 people and found it okay... I got 14 solid meals for 2 people a week out of my full share. Every once in a while I had extra to freeze for later, or made soups. I'm not a vegetarian.

I've got a question, I'm considering joining the Astoria CSA this season and splitting with someone.  How do the volunteer hours work if you're splitting?

A: You can split however you want. 4 hours per total share are required. Some shares have both parties volunteer, others just one volunteers, others split a shift. 4 hours is one distribution day, helping plan an event, etc. It goes by really fast.

Offline abs1224

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »
I would like to split a share, maybe even  more than 2 ways. Email me if interested.

lrov73

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 07:43:42 PM »
HI there

I am a member and I have a veggie share to split for this summer 2008. anyone interested?

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life