relax

Author Topic: Looking for a Share Partner! Astoria CSA 2008 Season  (Read 10418 times)

Offline belle

• Council Member
Looking for a Share Partner! Astoria CSA 2008 Season
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »
Looking for a share partner? Here's a new thread. I have one already, but maybe you are a returning member who needs a share partner? Search here.
Membership for new members begins in March so sit tight!
New information is up on our beautiful website: astoriacsa.com.

Offline astoriagirl

• Citizen
Re: Looking for a Share Partner! Astoria CSA 2008 Season
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:02:10 PM »
I think former members can sign up starting tomorrow.  We may be looking for a share partner . . . I hope to know tomorrow.

Offline gc_nyc

• Resident Visa
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 05:37:36 PM »
I would be interested in a share partner.

Gina

Offline MTW

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:31:21 PM »
I have to discuss it further with my husband, but I am interested in being/having a share partner.

Offline astoriagirl

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »
Dear gc nyc & MTW:
I signed up this morning and our old share partner joined with us again, but if one of you is a member, maybe you can both join together. . . .the vegetable and additional fruit share came to $628 for the season . . . it's worth it for the quality you get.

djloveb

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 12:45:45 PM »
I'm a returning Astoria CSA member who needs a new share partner for the summer 2008 veg AND fruit share.

Offline MTW

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 02:00:30 PM »
I'm a returning Astoria CSA member who needs a new share partner for the summer 2008 veg AND fruit share.

I hope this does not seem like  silly questions, but with share partners:
1.  How do you pay for the share -- can each pay directly to the CSA
2.  How do you pick up the share -- can we each go separately -- if not, I would assume it would be easier to be a share who lives fairly close by.

Offline MTW

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 03:00:11 PM »
I hope this does not seem like  silly questions, but with share partners:
2.  How do you pick up the share -- can we each go separately -- if not, I would assume it would be easier to be a share who lives fairly close by.

I just had to edit this

I hope these do not seem like silly questions, but with share partners:
2.  How do you pick up the share -- can we each go separately -- if not, I would assume it would be easier to be a share partner with someone who lives fairly close by.

Offline belle

• Council Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »
I just had to edit this

I hope these do not seem like silly questions, but with share partners:
2.  How do you pick up the share -- can we each go separately -- if not, I would assume it would be easier to be a share partner with someone who lives fairly close by.

Hey MTW, et al,

Head over to www.astoriacsa.com and check out the "All About CSA" page. There are a slew of questions and answers, just like this one, discussed. You can also leave a comment in the blog there to find a share partner. Currently, registration is only open to returning members. It will open in March for new members.

Offline MTW

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 02:58:42 PM »
Hey MTW, et al,

Head over to www.astoriacsa.com and check out the "All About CSA" page. There are a slew of questions and answers, just like this one, discussed. You can also leave a comment in the blog there to find a share partner. Currently, registration is only open to returning members. It will open in March for new members.

I have been on the website and e-mailed them with the same questions about paying for the half-share directly and picking up the half-share.  However, the FAQ page does not really answer my questions about if I will be listed as a member (if I am a share partner with an existing member) and if I could go on a Thursday and pick up a half-share.

Offline MTW

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »
Hey MTW, et al,

You can also leave a comment in the blog there to find a share partner.

Another silly question...I went to the site and where/how do I blog there to find a share partner?

Offline belle

• Council Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 03:49:06 PM »
Another silly question...I went to the site and where/how do I blog there to find a share partner?

In our blog post about membership (below). Though again, we're only open to returning members currently. This forum makes a great space too.

http://www.astoriacsa.com/2008/01/16/registration-open-for-2008/

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 03:50:56 PM »
In our blog post about membership (below). Though again, we're only open to returning members currently. This forum makes a great space too.

http://www.astoriacsa.com/2008/01/16/registration-open-for-2008/

Just out of curiosity, if you are a returning CSA member for 2008, would you kindly + nod this post?

How many are returning for 2008?
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline MTW

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 03:57:52 PM »
Thanks so much for all you're help!

Offline DancNspin

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »
Hey MTW, did you ever find answers to your sharing questions?  I looked around too, but didn't find any.  I'm interested in a sharing partner as well.

Offline astoriagirl

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 08:45:05 PM »
Hey TRX - I don't know how to nod, but I'm a 2007 member who is returning for 2008 along with our share partners from last year.  See you at the meeting on Feb 5?

Offline idourNYC357

• Tourist
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »
Hello all - I am very interested in signing up for 2008 as a new member with a half share of both veggies and fruit. Please let me know if anyone one is out there looking for a partner!!!

pinktonks

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 10:12:34 AM »
Hello All,

Just discovered the Astorian board and this is just what I have been looking for!

I am looking for a partner to split a share of vegs and fruit for 2008 also for the Astoria CSA.

Any previous CSA users have suggestions on how they worked out their shares?

Thanks

elect_mckinney

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »
Hello Fellow Astorians,
I want to be in a CSA but am not currently a member. I would love to share with someone!

Offline idourNYC357

• Tourist
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »
Hello all - I emailed split@astoriacsa.com and they got me in contact with someone and now we're all set up with a share - If you can't find someone here, try the email too!

I'm still going to try to make the meeting next week to meet people - I think they're doing a share-partner thing there too.

Can't wait for the stuff to be coming in!!!

Offline Mr. Oliver

• Activist
    • Mr. Oliver's Flickr Photos
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »
I can't find any information about the cost of a share.  Can anyone help me out?

Danke.
---
My latest articles and reviews are at www.livemusicblog.com.
Check out my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/oliversarmy/

Offline MTW

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 01:14:33 PM »
I can't find any information about the cost of a share.  Can anyone help me out?

Danke.

On the website (astoriacsa.com): 

How much does it cost?

For our 2008 season, a basic Vegetable Share costs $495 + $25 administrative fee ($520). The administrative fee covers the cost of the website domain, fliers/ paper, tables, and anything that may come up during the year. Fruit shares last about 16 weeks and are $138. This provides around 7 pounds of mixed fruit depending on the season (peaches, berries, apples, pears). Our tomato share is $25 for a one-time 20 pound drop of tomatoes for processing. Any other add-ons are pay-as-you-go and up to the member depending on what is ordered.

sandramort

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »
I'm not really clear on a couple of things.

1) How do you get there?  It looks like a long walk from the train, is there an easier way?  I'm coming from Astoria Blvd & 31st street.  If I drove, is there a parking lot?

2) Do they accept payments in parts?  I knkow Hellgate lets you split it into three payments.  $600 is an awful lot at once.

3) When they say the fruit share is 7 pounds, does that mean 7 every week or 7 total?  Seven total seems EXTREMELY expensive but seven a week for $8.62 a weeks seems *very* cheap.

cynel

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'd like to split a half-share (which is enough for 2-3 people!) of veg and fruit with someone - is anyone else interested in splitting more than 2 ways?

Offline belle

• Council Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
1) How do you get there?  It looks like a long walk from the train, is there an easier way?  I'm coming from Astoria Blvd & 31st street.  If I drove, is there a parking lot?

The drop point is between the 36th avenue stop on the N/W or near the back end of the Steinway stop on the R/V. It's not that far of a walk from either train. There is no parking lot, but there is parking on the street, though a school is going up across the street which makes it a little tight at times.

2) Do they accept payments in parts?  I knkow Hellgate lets you split it into three payments.  $600 is an awful lot at once.

From the site (www.astoriacsa.com):
In 2008, membership opened to returning members mid-January. Registration to the public is currently open. Registration is offered online or by paper. We accept credit card (online only; deposit/ multiple payments), check or money order (mail-in; payment in-full). Full payment must be received by May 1.

3) When they say the fruit share is 7 pounds, does that mean 7 every week or 7 total?  Seven total seems EXTREMELY expensive but seven a week for $8.62 a weeks seems *very* cheap.

Also from the site:
Basic Vegetable Share (required): $495 + $25 administrative fee ($520) for 26 weeks of vegetables. The administrative fee covers the cost of the website domain, fliers/ paper, tables, storage units and anything that may come up during the year. (For low-income families we can subsidize up to $250 of this cost. Please email us about this option.)
Fruit Share (optional): $138 and lasts about 16 weeks. This provides around 7 pounds of mixed fruit depending on the season per week (peaches, berries, apples, pears). Please note that with more delicate fruits (raspberries/ blueberries) weight will not be by pounds, but pints/ half pints.
Fruit Extension (optional): $12 for a 3-week fruit extension for of strawberries.
Tomato Share (optional): $25 for a one-time 20 pound drop of Roma tomatoes for processing (you will receive non-Roma tomatoes in your regular share).
Other add-ons are pay-as-you-go and up to the member depending on what is ordered.

Offline first_lobster

• Tourist
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »
Hi, I've never done this before but I'd be interested in sharing with someone- the fruit and vegetables.  I think my roommate might be in as well (is there really enough for 3 people?)

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »
I've got a question, I'm considering joining the Astoria CSA this season and splitting with someone.  How do the volunteer hours work if you're splitting?
kid.murdock
::true friends will always be there::

Offline belle

• Council Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 11:05:44 PM »
Hi, I've never done this before but I'd be interested in sharing with someone- the fruit and vegetables.  I think my roommate might be in as well (is there really enough for 3 people?)

A: It depends on how much you eat out or how many veggies/ fruit you eat. Some people split 6 ways and said it was too much, others split between 2 people and found it okay... I got 14 solid meals for 2 people a week out of my full share. Every once in a while I had extra to freeze for later, or made soups. I'm not a vegetarian.

I've got a question, I'm considering joining the Astoria CSA this season and splitting with someone.  How do the volunteer hours work if you're splitting?

A: You can split however you want. 4 hours per total share are required. Some shares have both parties volunteer, others just one volunteers, others split a shift. 4 hours is one distribution day, helping plan an event, etc. It goes by really fast.

Offline abs1224

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »
I would like to split a share, maybe even  more than 2 ways. Email me if interested.

lrov73

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 07:43:42 PM »
HI there

I am a member and I have a veggie share to split for this summer 2008. anyone interested?

Offline round2

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 09:04:06 AM »
I am interested in being someone's share partner!

Mark
(646) 403-9821
markmisrok@gmail.com

sandramort

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 01:25:50 PM »
Hi!  I'm interested in being someone's partner for a vegetable share and either sharing the fruit share or paying for the whole thing myself.  I'd like the tomato and strawberry shares (whole or half, either way) as well.  Is anyone still looking?

Thanks!
Sandra
646 421 5755

getalife2k8

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 02:08:01 PM »
i don't know what a share partner is exactly, i just would like to get some produce and/or meat that is locally produced.  how can i get in?  can i "partner" with someone?  are there any openings available?  please let me know, ASAP!  thanks, chris

getalife2k8

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
by the way, my e-mail is: chrisnowell2k4@yahoo.com

Michele

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
hi all.
i'm late on this, but are there any current members looking for a share partner?
let me know.
mcbattiste@hotmail.com
thanks!
mcb

rcromer

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 01:32:19 AM »
Hi,
Also looking for a current member who'd like a share partner for this season. I'm late to learn about this but am committed and intrigued. Vegetable and fruit (can pay for fruit myself if partner isn't interested).

Thanks for contacting me!
503-351-7216
rcromer@gmail.com

Offline tuffcreampuff

• Resident
I am Looking for a Share Partner! Astoria CSA 2008 Season
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »
Hi! I'm a current member of the 2008 season for the Astoria CSA and I am looking for anyone interested paying me for a half share of the veggies! (I've also signed up for tomatoes, and fruit, plus the three week fruit extention if you are also interested in half of the tomato share or fruit.) A full veggie share will, according to their website, be able to feeds 3-4 non-vegetarians.

Please email me at (email address is written out here to avoid spam):

regina_furens at yahoo dot com

Contact me if you are interested!

Offline tuffcreampuff

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »
I've found a share partner! Thanks for your responses! Good luck.

SY

darcee

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2008, 06:07:46 PM »
Hello all-

I am moving out of Astoria and must look for a good home for my 1/2 Hellgate fruit/veggie share (pick up at Freezepeach).  Must be available for Tuesday evening pick-ups, as I had promised my share partner I would do that.  A half share is perfect for one or even better for someone who already has a share but just wants a little more.

Thanks!
-darcee

Offline rene0226

• Council Member
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 11:57:19 AM »
I'm selling my share as I now have something every Tuesday that keeps me from getting there.  My share has always been plenty for two people for a full week and my share mate is great.  PM me if you're interested and we'll set it up. 
Truth is one, Paths are many

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life