relax

Author Topic: Leng Thai  (Read 8757 times)

Offline portmoresby

• Resident
Leng Thai
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
Has anyone eaten there? I think it's fairly new - 3309 Broadway.

Thanks

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Re: Leng Thai
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 07:06:50 PM »
Is it open yet?

Offline portmoresby

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 08:06:35 PM »
It is. I went by and picked up a menu. Looks a little pricier than other Thai restaurants in the area, but interesting. Also, does anybody know that Thai place a little further up on Broadway? I forgot the name, but it looked fairly new also.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:07:40 PM »
Benjama's Taste of Thai.  It's pretty good, though I still don't think it's as good as the places on 30th Avenue.

Offline beatlebrat

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
I went on Saturday.  I thought it was REALLY good and the portions were great. 

Offline azanga

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 10:33:31 PM »
We ate there Friday night.  Apparently it just opened.  It was very good.  We sat in the back room that opens onto a garden which will probably be very nice in the warmer weather.  The one down side to the back room was that it was very loud.  Concrete floor and walls along with wooden chairs and tables do nothing to help the acoustics.  But the food is good.

Offline LHT

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 11:57:40 AM »
Is this restaurant in the space that used to be Cassidy's bar?  I know that was a Thai restaurant, but thought the name was different. 

FYI, here's the website with menu for Leng - http://www.lengthainewyork.com/info.html

Offline urrisgirl

• Senator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 12:46:56 PM »
Is this restaurant in the space that used to be Cassidy's bar?  I know that was a Thai restaurant, but thought the name was different. 

FYI, here's the website with menu for Leng - http://www.lengthainewyork.com/info.html
No the place that opened where Cassidy's was is called Bejama's Taste of Thai. The new place Leng Thai is across the street between 33rd and 34th Avenue. (next to Arco's the portugese restaurant).It is where the french pastry shop used to be.

Offline LHT

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 12:58:06 PM »
Gotcha - thanks for clarifying - much appreciated!

Offline edava

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 01:18:10 PM »
This place is great! Great atmosphere, fast service (a Friday night experience) and yummy food. Different food from the other Thai places around Broadway and definitely not a fast food joint. This is a nice date place which has a beautiful outdoor space for the warmer months. Can't wait. The ribs were fantastic!

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »
I went there on Sunday for a late lunch and loved it.  The atmosphere is very relaxing and the food  and service is great.

Offline Mer

• Mayor
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 03:35:18 PM »
Oh, good to hear some good reviews.  I've been unimpressed with Bejama's and wished there was another Thai place close by.  I'll give them a try this weekend.

Offline edhopper

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 07:54:22 AM »
Had a very good Valentines dinner there last night. Friendly service and great atmosphere. I like the design of the place and when it gets warmer the back garden will be a delight.
They don't have a liquor license yet , but they said the expect to get one soon.
And the food was delicious!

Offline Billz1981

• Senator
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
I live right by there and have gone there once so far.  I liked the food better than Benjama's and found the prices to be comparable.  The portion sizes were great, and I had a really good soup.  I think it had wontons in it, and this really yummy side of fried bread.

Offline edava

• Mayor
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »
Yes, I really hope they don't read this board because the portions there are HUGE!!! shh....don't tell them that. 8-)

Astorians

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life