relax

Author Topic: CSA News.  (Read 12051 times)

zeno

CSA News.
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2005, 10:45:52 PM »
@cara: Did you ever hear of "foot in mouth syndrome" lol

If you count the bottom ones I think it's {35} the number needed to sustain the agriculture in Astoria. The top faces are potential members.

:-) -z2o-

RavenswoodCSA

CSA News.
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2005, 01:11:18 PM »
There's a meeting tonight at Just Food to discuss fundraising, but I can't be there.  (I'll be learning how to get worms to eat my compost!)  Anyone can come to this... if you are a member and want to be more involved.... if you think you might want to join next year, feel free to come along and learn a bit about Just Food.

Raise Extra Funds for Your CSA  Low income share subsidies, outreach supplies, a new scale- come and learn from other CSA groups’ experiences on successful fundraising strategies- to find ways to fund your great CSA ideas. Because of the Columbus Day holiday this month’s workshop- Fundraising for your CSA –will be held on the third Monday of the month rather than the second.  It will be held on Monday October 17th from 6:00- 8:00 at Just Food’s office (210 East 51st Street between 2nd  and 3rd Aves. closer to 3rd). Please keep in mind that these workshops are open to any interested CSA members- we welcome everyone’s participation.

Also, tomorrow there will be...
Sweet Peppers
Arugula
Winter Squash
Lima Beans
Mini Tomatoes

See you tomorrow!

RavenswoodCSA

CSA News.
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2005, 01:26:17 PM »
@ Zeno...

There isn't an Emoticon that expresses my head cocked to one side like a bewildered puppy.  We need 35 people... ummmmm, do you really want one of them to look like the devil?

(I feel like one of those people who has to be pulled aside to have a joke explained to them.)

iLoveCheese

CSA News.
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2005, 02:06:13 PM »
don't we all.

zeno

The Devil?
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2005, 02:21:12 PM »
@RavenswoodCSA: We shouldn't be too hasty to judge a book by it's cover, the guy that looks like the devil might be a pretty nice guy. :-)

-Zeno

cara

CSA News.
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2005, 02:37:35 PM »
Point taken.  

Devils can be nice and even lots of fun.

(I'm going to try to use this name from now on.  Using both names is confusing.  I'm going to just be cara, instead of hiding behind the cloak of csa.)

:twisted: he kind of looks evil, though.  Not like a friendly devil.

zeno

CSA News.
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2005, 02:39:53 PM »
I assure you, he's quite nice.

-zeno

AstoriaK

CSA News.
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2005, 02:44:45 PM »
Quote from: cara

Devils can be nice and even lots of fun.

(I'm going to try to use this name from now on.  Using both names is confusing.  I'm going to just be cara, instead of hiding behind the cloak of csa.)

:twisted:

Did you mean...the EVIL cloak of csa?  (insert evil laugh). :twisted:

:idea:  Perhaps we can have the afore mentioned "friendly devil" as our CSA mascot.  Do you think that would detract current members or attract the wrong new ones?

cara

CSA News.
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2005, 03:04:01 PM »
Woo Hoo for attracting the wrong ones!!

What kind of vegetables do devils prefer?

AstoriaK

CSA News.
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2005, 04:15:04 PM »
Devils like fire and brimstone so they must prefer Chard.    :lol:  
Boy how I love a pun!

thanks folks,....I'm here all week!

cara

CSA News.
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2005, 03:07:35 PM »
Reminder:

CSA meeting tomorrow at distribution at 5:30.  Please come and bring your thinking/contributing hats.  All ideas are welcome.

See you then.
cara

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
CSA News.
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2005, 09:18:42 AM »
How about Astorians CSA ?

I'd be happy to donate a subdomain of astorians.net to the CSA

(http://csa.astorians.net for example, or http://www.astorians.net/csa or both)

Also, I'd be happy to provide a forum on astorians.net specifically for the CSA to use to discuss things. (This could appear only when you are logged in, and a member of the CSA)

There are several possibilities. But it could be a good collaboration (??)

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
CSA News.
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2005, 08:53:01 AM »
Hello?hello...hello...hello...hello...(Echoing into the distance...)

Anybody there?anybody there..anybody there...anybody there...anybody there..

Offline megc

• President
  • Sea turtles need our help.
    • Harmonious Belly
CSA News.
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2005, 10:15:59 AM »
I like Astorians CSA! :D

cara

CSA News.
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2005, 10:20:55 AM »
hehehe.

Sorry, Merm... I didn't respond to your post because I was in workshops all day yesterday.  (And making bean and escarole soup all night!)

I think that would be a great collobration... could the CSA subdomain look anyway we wanted it to?  This would save the CSA $7.95 or however much I paid to have the domain name.

I think it would be helpful to have a CSA section.  I'm thinking about the pluses and minuses of having it be password protected... we could talk about all kinds of private things (+), people who were thinking of joining couldn't see how we worked as well (-)... Also, I don't know that the things we talk about are very private... hmmmmm.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life