relax

Poll

Astoria District 22 is having an election. How would you vote?

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: October 06, 2005, 08:59:43 PM

Author Topic: Informal Poll conducted by MinTru  (Read 5702 times)

Offline lanseaux

• Governor
  • Mexico
Informal Poll conducted by MinTru
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 01:23:39 PM »
Equal exposure:

Here's Vallone's council site.  I don't know if he has another site for reelection.

Gotham Gazette page on all candidates to City Council District 22, with link to contributors for Vallone and Kann.

zeno

On errata and errors in judgement
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 01:28:49 PM »
Thanks lanseaux, i'll alert our beloved Big Brother about his non-mistake... that responsibility falls to me (Yikes!). Also, I have the highest respect for your desire to maintain privacy. Too much these days people let it go to the wind without a second thought. However, I still encourage people to vote on the poll, as it may give us an inkling of where the frequenters of the board stand on this issue in any case.

-z320

[Later:]
Whoops!, I guess BB isn't omnipotent as well, being that he can't even get enough rights to correct the spelling or manipulate the poll. Technology and human ingenuity win again... this time. There is hope after all.

-z

Offline lanseaux

• Governor
  • Mexico
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 01:34:02 PM »
No problem.  It happens to the best of us.  ;)

I don't mean to discourage others from voting here, either - just explaining my position.  It stems from a very specific conversation about politics I had with someone whose opinion I respected when I was 16 and living in France.

zeno

Thank you Lanseaux
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 01:39:53 PM »
Thank you for providing the links to Vallone. I also believe in dispassionate analysis and equal exposure. Fairness is a virtue. Plus, some of us soon will be headed to his office later in the week to ask his endorsement for the "Astorians for Hurricane Relief" events. Wouldn't want to p*ss anyone off now, would we?

-Zeno.

daveed

Re: Thank you Lanseaux
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 05:41:40 PM »
Quote from: zeno
I also believe in dispassionate analysis and equal exposure.

Oh, really?

;)

zeno

Well....
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 07:45:12 PM »
@ Daveed,

Well....I do some of the time, when I'm not absolutley blasted and sh*tfaced. That thread was a mistake, but at the same time it did make me feel a little bit better during a moment of crisis and weakness.

The motivation behind it, however was heartfelt. Too many people are too ready to support the War and have no first hand knowlegde about it's effects or have even seen such a photograph of the Iraqi children as I have posted. If you are going to go to war (hopefully as a LAST resort) then you should at least bear in mind the consequences of what happens when dropping bombs on civilians. IOW, WADR (With all due respect), I stand behind that thread and my position on the War.

:-) Zero.

zeno

===============Equal Exposure?=======================
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 07:55:44 PM »
And speaking of dispassionate analysis and equal exposure, when was the last time that we saw (without censor) on T.V. what the Iraqis (who we are supposedly helping) actually want?  Coming from an actual Iraqi? You remember a little news organization called Al-Jazeera? The so-called "Voice of Bin-Laden" by Rumsfeldt? Why are they not given "equal exposure" when they air footage or opinions that are deemed too sensitive by our corporate (yes, Corporate) media?

We can only fool ourselves for so long until we actually see the fruition of our violence against the world in the name of Oil and profits, right here, right now, right in front of our face. And then we deny anything ever happened.

btw, those babies that I so unconcientiously used in my post Are real. I feel bad about doing that, but then again I wasn't the one trying to kill them. :-(

<weary Smile>

zenCFMSosSubcorticalStructure1

zeno

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 03:24:04 AM »
Daveed again,
Looking over that link to the "building democracies" thread ( http://astorians.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=850 ) I have come to the conclusion/realization that this thread is perhaps (just a little...just a tad) insane, maybe the product of a disordered and schismatic mind. sorry. :-|
I can't promise it won't happen again. Sorry, in advance.

ZEn

iLoveCheese

greens
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 09:24:33 AM »
what's the deal with the greens this year - is Kaan, Kahn, Kann, or however-you-spell-him running against Vallone and Sklar is running against Joya?

daveed

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 11:27:21 AM »
When it comes to decide our political futures, to strike a balance between the greater good and individual liberty, I often ask, "what would Vader do?"

;)

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life