relax

Author Topic: Wind Energy Partnership - Go Green Astoria!  (Read 2765 times)

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
Wind Energy Partnership - Go Green Astoria!
« on: October 13, 2007, 11:16:59 AM »
Dear Astorians,

Today I'm happy to announce that Astorians has a new sponsor and partner that provides Astoria with 100% green wind energy. If having your apartment go 100% carbon neutral (electricity wise) at a low cost is appealing to you, please take a look at their offer.

ConEdison solutions is a subsidiary of ConEdison that purchases 100% wind energy from NY wind farms to cover whatever your electric consumption is. Switching to wind power requires no interruption in your electric service, and you will notice no difference in the quality of the energy delivered to your meter. ConEdison (the parent company) still maintains the lines and sends you a bill, but you'll have a new section on the bill that shows your wind energy usage.

The cost to go 100% green is minimal - only $0.02 KWH which for an average New Yorker amounts to less than $10 per month added to their bill, and you're not locked into any contract like with some 3rd party energy providers - you can cancel at any time.

I think this is a great way to support the environment in Astoria, and support Astorians as well and I've personally made the same commitment. For every person who decides to go green ConEdison Solutions will donate $20 to Astorians.com automatically making anyone to signs up a "supporter" of the site for 1 year (If you're already a member this will extend your supporter status by 1 year from your current expiration date).

Use the link below to find out more about switching to 100% wind energy, and should you decide to sign up, please make sure to select "Astorians.com" as where you heard about it - this is the only way we get credit for your going green. Once you've signed up, please send a PM to merm so that I can be sure you are set up with supporter privileges immediately.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:10:43 PM by merm »

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
Re: Wind Energy Partnership - Go Green Astoria!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »

I am wondering if others have been happy with switching energy providers?

Currently considering:

Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline heff

• Mayor
    • TAWQ
Re: Wind Energy Partnership - Go Green Astoria!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »
I use ConEd solutions.  Despite issues I may have with ConEd as a company I haven't found another energy provider that seemed on the up and up enough to trust with my power.  My bill has gone up only slightly since the switch, I don't use a lot of power as is.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life