relax

Author Topic: Excellent cleaning lady with references  (Read 20210 times)

Offline ssewell

• Citizen
    • Serious Fun
Re: Excellent cleaning lady with references
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 08:53:34 AM »
Thanks for the good words about Jaso.  I think she is well worth it and she does her very best.  I think where we ran into trouble on your house is that I was not aware nor was Jaso aware when she booked your job just what a large house you had and that there were pets and four children.  That was our mistake, and I know Jaso is very shy, so I imagine that she just got to work, without bringing it up at the beginning of the day that the job was much bigger than she expected and that she didn't think she could finish it in a day. 

Just wanted to respond to your note

"If the job takes her more than one 6 hour day"

"Other than being 5 hours, instead of 6, I would agree completely."

Just want to clear up the hourly misconception, if you read my first post, I said she charges $75 for a 4 hour minimum, not for 6 hours.  I said that often she will clean up to 6 hours for that amount, and that's why we said there was a 4 hour minimum, because it's almost impossible for her to stop in the middle.  Most people vastly underestimate the time it takes for someone to really do a thorough cleaning, and I think you will agree that Jaso was going for the whole time, so we had to come up with a minimum amount.

So, to be clear, $75 is the minimum amount for 4 hours.  She often works past that on her own time just to get the job done to her level of professionalism, but that is at her discretion, and so I should just be clear to say that $75 is for 4 hours and that's what you should expect.  If she goes over that time, she is doing it as a favor. 

Again, I'm glad that you've had positive experience with Jaso, and we certainly didn't mean to mislead you.  I just wanted to emphasize to anyone that 1) the minimum is $75, for 4 hours, even if your apartment is very small, because she will take at least that amount of time to clean for you (and most professional agencies will charge close to double that for the same time and will not come to clean for less than a 4 hr min) and that 2) the $75 it is not for an unlimited amount of time.

Also, she does an excellent job on laundry.  Jaso will wash, dry, fold/or hang dry up to 2 laundry bags of laundry (the amount that she can handle up and down stairs) for an additional $25, if you provide access to the laundromat (either in your building or a building key to get back in your bldg) a roll of quarters (she is scrupilous about the quarters and will return all change to you) and the soap/fabric softener, and hangers or a drying rack for any clothes you designate as hang dry only.  She will leave the clean clothes folded or hanging where you designate, because she never goes into drawers unless you specifically tell her to.

Offline ssewell

• Citizen
    • Serious Fun
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »
I have a fairly compact (it's almost bigger than a shoebox!) 1BR/1B that I'm interested in a 1-time cleaning for.

Can someone pass along her contact information, if she's even willing to do a one-timer?

Thanks a bunch.

Hi!

I'll send you an email with her contact info, but just wanted to emphasize that the minimum amount is $75 for four hours, because she will take at least that long.  If that's in your budget, she is always interested in a one-time cleaning.  If that's more than you can afford, I think there is another cleaning lady listed on this post.  Good luck!

Thanks!

Sylvia

sandramort

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 09:20:12 AM »
Just want to clear up the hourly misconception, if you read my first post, I said she charges $75 for a 4 hour minimum, not for 6 hours.  I said that often she will clean up to 6 hours for that amoun

Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, then. I was under the impression that she would only work up to 5 hours.  We also discussed a higher flat rate for the whole house or an hourly rate beyond the 75 dollar/five hour base price.  She told me that she needed to discuss rates with you before deciding and I was waiting to hear back from her about that.  While I don't mind her splitting the house up into two days, her schedule is very busy and she doesn't always have that much time for me.  It would be easier for me to get it all done in one day, too.

Jaso is incredibly thorough.  She's very much a self starter -- she doesn't need to be given a to do list but sees what needs to be done and just does it.  The only "problem" I've run into (and I'm putting it in quotes because it's usually a good thing) is that she and I have different levels of tolerance for mess, so she often spends time on things that I don't think need quite as much attention, but I'm sure she's probably right about them needing to be done. :)

BTW -- when are you due w/ you baby?  I looooove babies!!!  New babies are so exciting!

Offline ssewell

• Citizen
    • Serious Fun
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 10:15:36 AM »
Thanks for your note about our baby, we are completely shocked and surprised and finally, thrilled.

I've PMd you about the other stuff, once again, I'm very sorry for any misunderstandings and can completely understand if you decide to go with someone else.  As I mentioned in another post, there is another cleaning lady listed on this post and maybe she could give you a better rate.  I appreciate how honest and supportive you've been of Jaso even if the experience wasn't what you expected.

Thanks again,

Sylvia

Offline KimNicole

• Resident
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »
Could you PM with her contact information?  I have a small, but messy studio that needs a thorough cleaning. 

sandramort

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 08:26:38 AM »
I'll have to get back to you with it later, as her number just changed and the dummy that *I* am... I forgot to write it down.

Sandra

Could you PM with her contact information?  I have a small, but messy studio that needs a thorough cleaning. 

Offline letta28

• Tourist
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2008, 02:22:13 PM »
hi,

could you please send me her contact info? I have a one bd/one bath that I would like cleaned about once a month

thanks
ela paithia

klio5

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »
Hey,
Can I get the # as well? I'll be moving to Astoria in the next couple of weeks, and will need help as I'm working 2 jobs and just don't and won't have the time to keep the place as clean as I'd like it to be.
Thanks.

Offline rene0226

• Council Member
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »
Will you please give here or PM me with Jaso's contact information also?  I need someone immediately and then once a month.  Thanks,
Truth is one, Paths are many

Offline vee

• Tourist
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »
Hello,

I would like to contact Jaso about cleaning on a weekly basis.  I'm in top floor of a house (2 bedrooms, 1 bath).   Thank you very much!

Offline nyc8675309

• Campaigning for Council
    • bread and butter
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 05:56:57 PM »
Someone asked if Jaso would come just once , or on an as needed basis?   If that answer is yes could you please message me her info.

Thank you.

mhgdpt

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »
Hi.  I would like Jaso's contact info.  I have a small one bedroom apartment and I could use someone like Jaso to help me out every two weeks or so.  Thanks.

Martha
mhgdpt@yahoo.com

Offline Mimi16

• Resident
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 07:19:14 PM »
Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for Jaso's contact information.  She actually was completely booked, but ended up referring me to her sister Kita.  She is amazing!!  We are so pleased with her work.  She wasted no time and without any direction or list at all she knew exactly where to start.  I came home from work and was extremely happy to enjoy my clean house. 

Thanks again!

Offline Saskia

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »
Hi,

Would someone mind sending me either Jaso's or Kita's contact info? I have a one-bedroom apartment, and I'm interested in having it cleaned once or twice a month.

Thanks in advance!

Offline ssewell

• Citizen
    • Serious Fun
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 10:50:55 AM »
Hi all:

I apologize to anyone who posted here that did not get Jaso's number.  I thought I had a notification whenever something was added to the post, but I guess I haven't been receiving all the posts.  If you need contact information, please PM me, because I definitely get those messages.

Thanks,

Sylvia

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life