relax

Author Topic: Excellent cleaning lady with references  (Read 20180 times)

Offline ssewell

• Citizen
    • Serious Fun
Excellent cleaning lady with references
« on: September 17, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »
My nanny (and extended family member), Jaso, is looking to move into
housecleaning now that our youngest child is in nursery school. I
highly recommend her: she is hardworking, very thorough and, most
importantly, completely trustworthy. She has references not just from
me but others she has cleaned for.

Currently she has two houses in Manhattan that she cleans every two
weeks for $100+tip each time. She would like to have a house to clean
every weekday, and she knows the Astoria rate would be cheaper, but
then she would not have to commute.

If you are interested, please respond to me by email and I will forward
her contact information.

Thanks,

Sylvia

Offline laldape

• Resident Visa
Re: Excellent cleaning lady with references
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »
That is v high - esp. for Queens...

Offline ssewell

• Citizen
    • Serious Fun
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
She does an incredibly thorough job--cleaning refrigerators, ovens, laundry, etc, so she has a 4 hour minimum and she commits to one house per day.  She also does post constuction and apartment turnover cleaning.

For the Astoria neighborhood, she is willing to clean once a week for $75 vs once every two weeks for $100, no tip expected.

Offline Karen

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:59:12 PM »
I had the pleasure of having Jaso clean my apt for the first time today. She truly is wonderful and did an excellent job cleaning up my 3 br, which was in bad shape. I don't think $75 for a 3 br is a lot of money for this area at all. Prior to using Jaso, I used several other Polish cleaners, who got the same amt of $, and were not nearly as thorough or pleasant as Jaso.

Offline autumn

• Resident
  • "Of Two Hearts"
    • JMC Designs - Beautiful Handcrafted Jewelry by Julie
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 11:54:45 PM »
I think $75 per week is very high - but for a 3br that was in bad shape, that's pretty reasonable.  I have a small 1br that is tidy, so I'd hate to have to pay the same rate.

Offline jamistig

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 02:59:42 AM »
I would also like to vouch for Jaso. She cleaned our house last week (1 bedroom with an office + 2 bathrooms) and did an incredible job - it was very thorough. She also did our laundry to perfection. She was extremely personable and I felt very comfortable with her right away. I hope to have her cleaning for us for many years to come here in Astoria and getting to know her in the process. She seems so far like a wonderful person who truly gives 100% to her efforts. Highly recommend!

wtrdown

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 08:37:19 PM »
hello all,

Jaso is (no bs) the best cleaning lady we have ever used.
(thanks sylvia). completely thorough and trustworthy, sweet, friendly
and great with the baby. did not know her or Sylvia at all before
yesterday but will be definitely using Jaso whenever our apartment is
a pigsty!  truly worth the moola since she actually really knows how to clean WELL.

cheers~kristen

marcela

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 10:35:08 PM »
I met Jaso three weeks ago. 
The first day she came and did not stop cleaning until she left my three bedroom apartment the cleanest it has been in years, what a treat to have somebody help you with cleaning and have your apartment smelling fresh and dust free!
The next time she came to help me care for my 6 month old baby while I got some office work done, since he has become very demanding for attention.  He just loved her and had the time of his life with her singing to him and playing and giving him all the attention he craved.  She just comes across as a very sweet, caring, and good person with whom I felt very comfortable being around.
She will continue to help me once a week with both cleaning and assisting me with the baby so I can get some work done around the house without feeling like I am neglecting my little one. 
I just have to say that in three weeks she has certainly made a big impact in our quality of life. 
If you want to contact her, her number is [removed by moderator]

Marcela
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:57:56 AM by merm »

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »
I'll jump in here and also offer a recommendation for Jaso's work. We've had her come on 3 occasions and have been extremely pleased. So I can vouch for the positive recommendations above.

ria36

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 11:57:55 AM »
Jaso did a FANTASTIC job on our 1-bedroom apartment. I had thought that I was a pretty clean, neat person - I vacuum, I mop, I wipe down countertops and the oven with some regularity. That's why I was shocked that she spent all day cleaning my apartment, and I was absolutely amazed at the difference! She got to our place at 9am and didn't leave until 4:30pm. Everything sparkled like it did when we moved in. Truly could not believe what a fantastic, thorough job she did, and all with a wonderful attitude. I'll be using her services regularly!

Offline Mr. Oliver

• Activist
    • Mr. Oliver's Flickr Photos
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »
I'll jump in here and also offer a recommendation for Jaso's work. We've had her come on 3 occasions and have been extremely pleased. So I can vouch for the positive recommendations above.

Good to see this.  I'm thinking it is a little shady that all of the other people vouching for "Vaso" have one posting each to their names!
---
My latest articles and reviews are at www.livemusicblog.com.
Check out my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/oliversarmy/

Offline ssewell

• Citizen
    • Serious Fun
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:02:37 PM »
Good to see this.  I'm thinking it is a little shady that all of the other people vouching for "Vaso" have one posting each to their names!

Just want to respond to Mr. Oliver:

Jaso has just started her cleaning business, after working for us for 5 years as our nanny.  She depends on word of mouth, in fact I'd say at least 50% have been referrals from friends. She does not use or understand the internet, so I have tried to use it for her to get new clients, and it has been very successful. I posted about Jaso on a few sites, including Astorians.com, as well as Craig's list and other local sites.  As she has cleaned for each household, I have asked each client (including Merm) to post about their experience on this site so that those viewing the thread would see that it's not just me saying she's great, esp as this was the only site that seemed to think her rates were high, and I tried to get across just how hard she works for her $75 day's wage. 

So blame me for the single posts, as these are not regular Astorians.com post-ers but just people trying to help out someone who works very hard and reassure people that Jaso is well worth the money.  Most of those who have had Jaso clean for them have come from other Astoria parents' sites and are new to Astorians.com, and I'm glad to tell them about this site because I (usually) find it very welcoming and a good resource for what's going on in the neighborhood.

But I promise, nothing "shady" is going on here.  These are all real people who have had Jaso clean for them, and these are their own words.  I have met some of them, like merm, and others I have not.  But all of them have liked her work.  And honestly, I wonder how many of those who find her rates high would work for $75 a day, on their knees, scrubbing someone else's floors.

Offline MTW

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 08:33:29 AM »
Would anyone be able to PM me Jaso's contact info? 

Offline MDL1972

• Tourist
    • <[[[[[[-[[[[0{:}0]]]]-]]]]]]>
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »
Jaso cleaned our sorely neglected apartment this past week and did an extraordinary job.  We were very satisfied.  She is a very nice person also!

Offline ssewell

• Citizen
    • Serious Fun
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 11:10:56 AM »
Just wanted to thank those of you who have hired Jaso and posted about your experience, and sorry for my earlier rather hasty and heated reply. 

As a reference in the discussion of the cost of cleaning, you might want to visit this thread: http://www.astorians.com/community/index.php?topic=6861.0.

Thanks again,

Sylvia

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life