relax

Author Topic: Pet Play Dates  (Read 2619 times)

ositopapi

Pet Play Dates
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
Hello All,

Last November my partner and I got a puppy.  His name is Henry.  He is half Jack Russel, half Shitzu and for the most part a very well behaved dog that we love very much.  I was wondering do people on OutAstoria meet for play dates? Or, is the a local dog park where we can take Henry?

Offline Debbie

• Senator
Re: Pet Play Dates
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »
The dogs meet in Astoria park in the large field.  I think this happens every morning and every evening.  I know that there are many on Saturday mornings.  Make sure your puppy has all his / her shots for protection.  Also, introduce him / her slowly to the group.  Someone may be able to let you know the time they meet.

ositopapi

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »
been dog owners for years, but thanks for the advice on the shots.  Our dog is very well taken care of.  He interacts well with other dogs and people.  As for the dog park.  I am upset on the conditions of the dog park in Astoria park.  It is in really bad shape, and very unsafe for our pet and other pets to play there.  I wish it was as nice as the dog parks in manhattan.   Someone told me about the scupture park at the end of Broadway, so I will check it out this weekend.

Offline Debbie

• Senator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »
Not sure what dog park in Astoria Park that you are referring to.  The dog group in Astoria Park meets in a large open field not far from the Hellgate Bridge.  It is not an enclosed area. 

ositopapi

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »
will have to check out that group..

ositopapi

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 05:12:14 PM »
This morning I got up and took our dog to the Socarates Sculpture Park at the end of Broadway.  What a wonderful park.  Lots of friendly dogs along with their owners.  Everyone should check it out.  Plus if you like Yoga or Tai Chi the sculpture park has a yoga class at 11:00 am, and followed by Tai Chi class, and it's for free !  There were about 30 Yoga members on the park lawn.  I am going to do the class next saturday. 

Offline RoverNYC

• Council Member
    • http://flickr.com/photos/judsonkniffen/
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 07:07:54 PM »
Is this for gay dogs or gay owners?  :roll:

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:58:11 PM »
Is this for gay dogs or gay owners?  :roll: