relax

Author Topic: Japanese Cuisine  (Read 6407 times)

KilDaraSidhe

Lost my faith in Watawa
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »
A friend and me stopped into Watawa to eat lunch. I ordered the Shrimp tempura lunch box and my friend got one of the other  lunch boxes. At first my friend was disapoined with her lunch box beause they only gave her a couple pieces of beef in it. Mine came with a good  amount of tempura. 2 1/2to 3 hours after eating lunch, I became very sick. I had terrible stomach cramps and had the chills one minute and was sweating terrible the next. I don't like to and try to aviod it but I ended up losing my cookies. I then took a nap for two hours and was woke up perfetly fine. My friend ate everything that I did for lunch except the tempura and never got sick. My husband went back to them to complain abut me getting sick later that evening and the only thing they had to say was "oh the shrimp must have been bad."  :evil:  That's their whole apology. It sounded like to me they knew the shrimp was bad and maybe thats why my portion of tempura looked big.  to say the least I WILL NOT eat there again. I will go to go Wasabi from now on. They seamed to improve the quality of their food.

Offline jayme

• Senator
  • friends of mine
Japanese Cuisine
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 03:47:49 PM »
I'm a big fan of Watawa.  I love everything.  The presentation is fantastic, the staff is pleasant, the space is cool.  I'm usually there once a week at a minimum.  

I haven't had any bad experiences.

But, in the interest of full disclosure, I haven't eaten the shrimp either.

Knowing the risks, I doubt any restaurant would knowingly serve spoiled food -- especially not questionable seafood.
These are pigs.
See francis's friends for kitties.

KilDaraSidhe

Not Watawa anymore
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 03:13:48 PM »
I used to be a big fan of Watawa too. My husband and I go there often, at least we did. So often that sometimes he would chat it up with one of the chefs and they would give us free things to try. After getting sick from them however, I will never go back.

NickNSakai

Japanese Cuisine
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005, 10:43:21 PM »
Just wanted to let you know, after that post, a manager from Watawa contacted us with an apology letter, offering free dinner for two.  

Of course we took up the offer.  And we have been back there regularly ever since.  I think the incident my wife described was purely coincidental.

Nick

Offline jayme

• Senator
  • friends of mine
Japanese Cuisine
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2005, 11:40:27 PM »
Nick,

Thanks for the update.  

I think Watawa is fantastic and their response to the situation seems ideal.

-jayme
These are pigs.
See francis's friends for kitties.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life