relax

Author Topic: Opening of OLEPUT, June 21st.  (Read 14267 times)

Offline geo

• Campaigning for Council
  • The skies the limit.
Opening of OLEPUT, June 21st.
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:54:06 PM »
This Thursday we will get a blast from the past with this character filled corner on Ditmars and 32 street.
Oleput, Tupelo spelled backward is the brainchild of Helen her brother Emmanuel, Evan and perhaps some other creative people.
It will be a Soda fountain and old fashioned candy store type place with a juice bar and cheeses.
I welcome them warmly to our Boulevard. Best of Luck. Geo :mrgreen:

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Re: Opening of OLEPUT, June 21st.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:08:05 AM »
It sounds wonderful.

Offline essen

• Running for Governor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:05:18 AM »
I peeked in the window tonight on my way home. It looked like they had coffee on the shelf- do you know if they will have coffee? I'd love to have a non-Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts place that serves coffee on my way to the train (which, granted, is only about 3 blocks so I'm not complaining). Either way, I have been very much looking forward to this.

Offline Alexa

• Senator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 10:38:47 AM »
I was about to ask about the coffee as well as it wasn't mentioned in the firt post....so, any societally accepted addictive substances?
When I'm about to do something, I ask myself "would an idiot do that" and if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing.

emaline412

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »
I walked past the other night on my way to Kyclades. It looks adorable! Can't wait to try.

artstar

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 09:05:33 AM »
Well, today is the big day!

Yes, they will have coffee...and baked goods, yum yum!

jumpattack

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »
I popped in today to see what's up - they have ice cream from Mary's Dairy and pies from Briarmere Farms. I have had neither of these, but after doing a little research, I am waaaaaay excited to try them.

Offline lanseaux

• Governor
  • Mexico
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 07:11:15 PM »
I stopped in on my way home and turned out to be their very first customer!  It's really cute inside, and in additon to coffee, ice cream, NY State jams and jellies, pies and other baked goods, they've got old-fashioned candy and a small selection of "general store"-type goods.

I tasted the chocolate ice cream and it is very good.  The pies are indeed Briermere's, and I am very excited.  Briermere Farms is in Riverhead, on the North Road (Sound Avenue), heading out to Orient.  Their pies are really excellent.

I'm very excited they are open!

Offline jayme

• Senator
  • friends of mine
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 10:20:15 PM »
any info on hours?  or alcohol?
These are pigs.
See francis's friends for kitties.

Offline Harlan

• Governor
  • Lemon Pistachios
    • Photos...
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 06:52:34 AM »
They're open pretty late! We walked past at about 9:00 last night, and it was bustling, with 6 or 8 people in there.

Mmmm, pie...

Offline megc

• President
  • Sea turtles need our help.
    • Harmonious Belly
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 08:11:05 AM »
Briermere pies are truly fantastic.  I used to stop there sometimes when I lived on LI and was out by Riverhead.  The strawberry rhubarb is magnificent.  Can't wait to check out the Mary's Dairy ice cream and everything else there!

Offline C-J

• Senator
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 09:06:12 AM »
Jayme -

Not sure about the exact hours but they were mopping the floors last night at 11:300 when I walked by (maybe they close at 11?)

Also, they were open at 8:10 this morning when I walked by so I stopped in for a coffee.  They had a nice selection of breakfast pastries in a case and the coffee was really good.  I especially liked that the milk options in the canisters were skim or soy (although they were pouring fatty milk into someone's coffee behind the counter at their request).  The space is pretty fantastic  (much more impressive than just staring in thru the window).  I wanted to poke around a bit but was already running late for work.

This is definitely a welcomed addition to our neck of the woods - especially ConEd took away our other ice cream options last summer.

Offline jayme

• Senator
  • friends of mine
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 11:08:24 AM »
7am - 11pm (weekdays)
9am weekends

No internet yet (in the next day or two)

Coffee = good.  Pies, pastries, coke, smoothies, assorted grocery items, ice cream in limited but excellent flavors, fantastic atmosphere/decor.  No alcohol.

These are pigs.
See francis's friends for kitties.

Offline essen

• Running for Governor
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »
Open late!!! Yay! I can't wait to go.. hopefully gonna stop by tomorrow.

Offline Alexa

• Senator
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 11:33:53 AM »
Not that I need to have alcohol, but are they planning on getting a license for alcholol or is it strictly a non-alcohol place?
When I'm about to do something, I ask myself "would an idiot do that" and if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing.

Astorians

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 11:33:53 AM »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life