relax

Author Topic: Darn good massage found  (Read 17167 times)

Offline katlu

• Mayor
Darn good massage found
« on: June 18, 2007, 09:10:43 PM »
There's a new Chinese massage place a few doors down from Starbucks on Ditmars.  The hour massage is only 50 bucks.  It's a no frills place and it's one large room separated into three spaces for tables so it's not a place where people do a lot of chatting.  It's open 7 days a week and almost all day long.   

A man gave me my massage and he found every knot in my body and worked it out.  A few times it was too hard, but I chose not to tell him to loosen up because he was never in one spot for two long.  Afterwards, I was so zoned out, that I went to bed really early.   

I am so excited to go back in a few weeks. 

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
Re: Darn good massage found
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:41:20 PM »
Thanks for this recommendation!

Offline nicsop

• Citizen
  • Weeee!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:31:07 AM »
This place is new and John the owner is a really nice guy!!!! I love the Chinese massageeeees.

Offline rene0226

• Council Member
New Chinese Massage place on Ditmars
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »
Does anyone know anything about or have any experience with the new massage therapy place on Ditmars?  It's upstairs and just a few doors down from Starbucks, btwn. 31st & 29th Sts.  It has a Chinese name I can't pronounce or remember.  I just noticed it last week & picked up one of their flyers but can't tell if it's legit, i.e., licensed massage therapists or just a bunch of girls who give you a back rub.  My muscles are aching, I need help fast!
Truth is one, Paths are many

greenie

Re: New Chinese Massage place on Ditmars
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »
I have been there more than 8 times since they opened up and overall pretty good. For the price it can't be beat.

Offline rene0226

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 06:46:05 PM »
I went there on Sunday and agree.  They're good and you can't beat $50.  I certainly recommend them.

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »
$50 for what services?  How are the prices?

mc

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 07:00:04 PM »
Also, how much privacy is there? - Are there partitions between the massage tables?

Offline rene0226

• Council Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 07:23:25 PM »
There's not much privacy.  They've partitioned off, I think, about 3 cubicles with shoji screens and a curtain.  They play classical music.  I was the only one there when I went.  Don't know what it'd be like with others around.  The prices are $30 for 30 minutes, $50 for one hour but she worked on me more than an hour so you're not rushed out.  Also, they do foot reflexology for $30 a treatment and I think you can choose a hot stone treatment.

Chinese Gongfu Tui-Na
29-28 Ditmars Blvd., 2nd Floor
718-204-7580

They have some pamphlets, you can pick up one outside the door (on the street) that explain their kind of massage therapy.   

abopevents

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 04:07:11 PM »
I haven't used their services, but I work near this place and the people are really nice. They are a new business so it's not typically busy and it would be great if you could support their business.

Entrance is the door to the right of the Starbucks handicap ramp, 2nd floor, go to the right.

Seattlite

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 11:36:40 PM »
Just wanted to add my own plug. Had my 2nd massage there today and it was really very good, especially for the modest price that they charge.  Very nice people too.  It would be great if we could drum up enough business for them to allow them to stay awhile. 

mc

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »
Does anyone know whether they have female massage therapists as well as male?

Seattlite

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 10:07:25 AM »
Does anyone know whether they have female massage therapists as well as male?

Yes, they have two women and one man.  If you are a walk-in as was I, you get whoever is available.  If both women are available (I'm sorry, I did not get their names), the younger one gives a very deep massage if you tell her that's what you want.  The slightly older woman -- less deep, but still penetrating and thorough.  To make sure they have enough time to do everything, I would suggest the 90 minute massage. Enjoy!

Offline katlu

• Mayor
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »
I went again last week and got a massage from the man again.  For 90 minutes and a 20% tip it cost a few dollars less than $100.   You just can't go wrong! 

Offline geowrld

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 10:35:24 AM »
Are they licensed by the state?

Astorians

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 10:35:24 AM »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life