relax

Author Topic: Vinodivino  (Read 4166 times)

Offline daisy

• President
Vinodivino
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:49:23 AM »
There's a new wine bar on Ditmars!  Anyone been?  I think it might be a bit too big for what it is, walked by last night, and it's so new, I don't think many people know about it.   There weren't too many people there yet.  But looks like they have a good amount of wine.  Here's what Time Out had to say:

Vinodivino
Trattoria L’Incontro chef-owner Rocco Sacramone is behind this new wine bar, adjacent to his popular Italian restaurant in Astoria. Glasses and bottles from the mostly Italian wine list can be soaked up with snacks like salumi and cheeses. 29-21 Ditmars Blvd between 30th and 31st Sts, Astoria, Queens (718-721-3532)

Sambarella

Re: Vinodivino
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:36:32 PM »
I passed by this yesterday and looked very empty.  Though its pretty big and spacious, has a lot of potential.  I thought it was a wine store at first from the look of all the bottles every where.  Maybe I'll stop by there tonight and see if they have any yummy brachetto d'acqui.

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:44:04 AM »
http://www.qgazette.com/news/2007/0613/features/033.html
Trattoria L'incontro Partners Open Wine Bar

Photos Tony Barsamian Some of the more than 300 wines available to delight oenophiles at the Trattoria L'incontro wine bar.
There don't seem to be many "serious" wine bars in Astoria-establishments devoted to offering local oenophiles a truly extensive list of vintages and varieties, according to self-confessed "wine freak" Rocco Sacramone, so Sacramone, owner and presiding chef at his highly rated Trattoria L'incontro Restaurant at 21-76 31st St., Astoria, decided to create one. With his partner, Jack Brucculeri, he opened an adjacent space next to Trattoria L'incontro as a place where local wine connoisseurs can savor their favorites and sample new ones.

The grand opening of the wine bar annex to Trattoria L'incontro was held last Wednesday, June 6. The wine racks hold some 300 to 350 bottles- "90 percent of them Italian" according to Sacramone and 50 to 60 varieties are available at $7 to $25 a glass. Customers can also order wine by the bottle; prices range from $25 to $500. According to our restaurant reviewer, who last visited Trattoria L'incontro a few months ago, an array of artisanal cheeses and warm herb bread from the restaurant's brick oven will complement the vintages, making a visit to the wine bar in its own way as memorable as a meal in the restaurant itself.

Trattoria L'incontro coowner and chef Rocco Sacramone (l.) and City Councilmember Peter Vallone Jr.
The wine bar next to Trattoria L'incontro is open Wednesday and Thursday from 4 p.m. to midnight, on Friday and Saturday from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. and on Sunday from 2 to 10 p.m.

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »
I stopped by this joint on a bar crawl this past Saturday.  My party of 4 split a bottle of wine.  This place is really nice, the waiters were very friendly and attentive.  The entire menu is in Italian, but they personally explain the entire thing to you, and can recommend different wines for you to try.  They have a cheese menu and some types of ham and sausage, etc.  It's a huge space, and is mostly relying on word of mouth for advertising.  I would definitely recommend it, it's so affordable, and comfortable in there.  Great for a date, but fun for a group as well.

Offline angastoria

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 09:37:09 AM »
i checked it out last night. very nice inside, rather huge.
the wine selection by the glass was great. $7 and up. we had a small brick oven pizza and a plate of meats and cheeses, very nice. not cheap, but not too pricey. the vibe was very laid back and atmosphere is perfect for a 2nd or 3rd date.
highly reccomend.
---i should be working, oh well---

Offline Bookgirl83

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 10:51:47 AM »
I walked by vinodivno today and there's a big sign in the window that says they'll be closed for vacation from July 16-July 31st.

I know everyone needs a vacation, but that seems excessive for a pretty "new" establishment!

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »
I walked by vinodivno today and there's a big sign in the window that says they'll be closed for vacation from July 16-July 31st.

I know everyone needs a vacation, but that seems excessive for a pretty "new" establishment!

They are owned by Trattoria L'Incontro.  They always take summer vacation around this time.
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

Astorians

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life