relax

Author Topic: Last night's OUT Astoria dinner  (Read 2615 times)

Offline angledge

• Activist
    • It's Quiz Time.
Last night's OUT Astoria dinner
« on: March 01, 2007, 10:58:25 AM »
It was really great to see everyone again at Ginza last night.

On the way home, my gf & I were discussing:  what does everyone want from the OUT Astoria group?  A chance to make new friends?  Professional networking?  Dating?  Something else?

Offline StephanieL

• Running for Senate
Re: Last night's OUT Astoria dinner
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:26:29 AM »
In my case, kind of a little bit of all of that.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 05:18:51 PM »
Social networking, professional networking, not looking for a man (I've got one!)
How'd people like the food at Ginza?

Offline aquaecny

• Senator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 09:57:17 PM »
I, personally, wasn't impressed with my dish from Ginza.  I only ate about half because it tasted like so much grease.  I ordered the Chicken Tempura.

On the way home, my gf & I were discussing:  what does everyone want from the OUT Astoria group?  A chance to make new friends?  Professional networking?  Dating?  Something else?
I think I would like to see a bit of all that you mentioned, angledge.  It is nice just to meet other people in Astoria.

I would also like to see a more variety in the geographical locations.  It pretty much seems like everything is either Broadway or 30th Ave.  I know that, yes, there are more restaurants at those locations, but it would be nice to see them up at Ditmars, too.  I was excited when we were originally set at Watawa because it was closer to home.  I know it may be further for others.  Too bad they canceled on us.  Any other Ditmars locations that would be good?

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 11:00:58 PM »
We'd love more choices for the Ditmars area, suggest some places that can fit 50 folks and let's go!

I had the Chicken Hibachi and it was a lot of food, fairly tasty too, though I wasn't so impressed with the soup.  The chef was a character, I'm surprised the other tables didn't grab him.

Offline aquaecny

• Senator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »
I had the Chicken Hibachi and it was a lot of food, fairly tasty too, though I wasn't so impressed with the soup.  The chef was a character, I'm surprised the other tables didn't grab him.
By time the chef came out to your table (no pun intended), our tables already received our entrees.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:07:49 PM »
ah, that sucks!

Offline angledge

• Activist
    • It's Quiz Time.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 11:09:03 AM »
Does it have to be a restaurant that can hold such a large group?  How about smaller groups, more frequently?  It's not like most people really get a chance to talk to more than 6 or 7 people for any length of time. 

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 08:06:05 PM »
We're trying to find a way to have more interaction - maybe different courses at different tables?  but then we'd need a prix-fixe menu.  that's one of the benefits of the bar night after the dinner, more mixing!

Offline aquaecny

• Senator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 10:21:08 PM »
I am totally okay with a prix-fixe menu.  We do that for the Astoria EATS and it is a lot of fun!

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life