relax

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 138944 times)

Telesphoros

Re: Hello
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 12:50:06 PM »
Euchre, euchre, euchre, euchre, euchre, euchre.  :shock:

Yay.  Now we only need two other people!  Anyone, anyone, Beuller?

Quote from: artgirl
card games (cribbage & euchre). Also like to read.

I'd be interested in any sorts of get togethers-- sounds like there are some great people here.

Offline artgirl

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2005, 01:39:58 PM »
Hooray! I can never find anyone who knows how to play euchre... I either get blank stares in return, or "uh, yeah, I think that's the game my grandfather plays." ;)

My boyfriend kinda knows how to play (I taught him a while ago, but we never had anyone else to play with) I could certainly give him a refresher course to give us a possible 3rd person...

Offline jennifer

• Senator
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2005, 10:27:41 PM »
Eucher?? isn't that a fancy name for Hi Low Jack Game??? or Set-back?  Or a form of it.  I LOVE playing cards - but I never do - cause no one I know around here wants to play.  So eucher or spades or cribbage or... not cards but... backgammon

or teach me a new game

count me in.  and i dont have to go to work until september!!!!

jen

Offline jennifer

• Senator
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2005, 10:29:41 PM »
euchre
which is why i'm not on the scrabble team
but i'd play that too in a pinch

Offline enigmacat

• Governor
  • I am not a minion of evil. I am upper management.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 08:39:03 AM »
i like euchre!

iLoveCheese

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 09:53:31 AM »
We're really into dominos. Any Dominos players in the neighb?

cas977

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 03:46:22 PM »
I am moving to Astoria next month and am unfamiliar with the area - I stumbled upon this site and all the great info.  Many thanks to all.

lisamanting

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2005, 06:07:19 PM »
no dominoes... how about mah jong? anyone? joy luck club?  :P

Offline megc

• President
  • Sea turtles need our help.
    • Harmonious Belly
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 08:01:48 PM »
Quote from: lisamanting
no dominoes... how about mah jong? anyone? joy luck club?  :P

I've always been curious about mah jong.  I also enjoyed chess, checkers, and "chinese checkers" (what's the right phrase for that these days?) growing up.  I've also been curious about Go.

Matt, if you decide to plan some sort of gathering, I hope it can be after August 4.   That's the day I move.  I'm excited!

Offline ladywithpans

• Mayor
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2005, 12:18:48 PM »
Scrabble's my game.
Want your name in lights? Change it to Exit --Soupy Sales

lisamanting

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2005, 12:33:42 PM »
How about making a game night meet up? Learn a new game, meet some new people... ?

Offline windowsrefund

• Citizen
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2005, 04:44:52 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Adam. I've been hanging out at the peach for well over a year now. Currently, I am working as a sysadmin for a software company in downtown Manhattan. I've been working with computers for quite some time now and am a proud member of the Free Software community (although I think Free Software Regime would work better).

In terms of interests, I'm always reading about techology. I enjoy gambling and playing pool (although I don't play much now due to my busy schedule). I just quit smoking and became the parent of two adorable kittens who I named Evil & Angel. They keep me up all night but I love em anyway.

See ya at the peach...

Adam

Offline Richard Starlite Karaoke

• Citizen
    • http://www.starlitekaraoke.com
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2005, 03:35:16 AM »
Hi My Name is Richard Buccola and I was born and raised in Astoria. I went to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, St John's Prep and St John's University. I just turned 40 years old on July 24.  I own and operate a small construction business and a Karaoke /DJ business. I am married to my beautiful wife Kelly and we have 2 daughter's, Kayla who is 9 and Nicolette who is 4 months... We love music and karaoke and have been doing 2 karaoke shows in Astoria for the last 4 1/2 years. For more info check out my web site at  http://www.starlitekaraoke.com. Keep on Singing!!!
Starlite Karaoke:
Changing the World Through Music...
One Bar At a Time!

Waltz

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2005, 10:09:10 AM »
Welcome to the Hood.
Astoria has been a wonderful place for us and the Freeze Peach gang as well as all the wonderful artists and musicians have been great to be around.

Drop in an visit us and think about performing at
Waltz
www.waltz-astoria.com

Thanks and see you soon

Livelife

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2005, 10:08:05 PM »
Hello Astoria!
After recently relocating to Astoria from Washington Heights (big relief) I came upon this great website and corresponding cafe.  My name is Kimberly, and I am a nutritional wellness consultant and yoga instructor. Just last week I announced the opening of my small business, Glow, running out of my home office near the park.  I offer private nutrition/wellness programs, private yoga sessions, and massage for those clients enrolled in the wellness program.  I'll be holding free conversations on nutrition every Thursday at 7pm beginning in September at Freeze Peach, so come and check it out!  Cooking classes will also begin out of my home office Sunday afternoons in September.  I'll be sending out my newsletter in a few days, and anyone that is interested in Glow, please e-mail me your address at:
director@glownyc.com
See you soon!

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life