relax

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 138801 times)

Offline LaoWombat

• Activist
Re: Hello
« Reply #1245 on: August 30, 2011, 11:49:15 PM »
Well, Hello.

I've been in Astoria for more than 20 years, beginning when Little Egypt on Steinway consisted of, well, Ali.

I found this forum twice through google in the last couple of days, as I tried to find out what happened to the Pasha eatery and if anyone else hates A-1 Courier service for Amazon as I do.  I figured it must be kismet

Astoria is definitely a Herakleitan experience.  Panta reis, ouden menes.
Zen signature below

Offline astorite

• Tourist
« Reply #1246 on: September 21, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
Hi all,

I've lived in Astoria for 1 year.  Just found out about this awesome forum.  Want to become a bit more active on this thing, looks like there's a bigger community then I imagined.  I live near the Costco area.

Offline mishii86

• Tourist
« Reply #1247 on: October 06, 2011, 09:17:51 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I recently moved to Astoria back in July from Jackson Heights. I used to go to St.John's Prep so I became familiar with the area, but once I graduated h.s, I never came back to Astoria. I haven't gone out so much due to always being tired from work. But another reason is because I don't know many people out here, and it gets lonely at times since most of my friends live far from me. Are there any good places to meet nice people in mid to late 20s in Astoria? Bars sound reasonable but a change from bars would be preferable.  :cheesy:

Offline bovarysme

• Tourist
« Reply #1248 on: April 21, 2012, 08:10:29 PM »
Hello!

I'm actually an LIC/Astoria native, but I love my neighborhood and thought I'd head onto this forum to connect with some other locals. Several years back someone actually helped me find my lost dog on here!

Offline Edward

• Tourist
« Reply #1249 on: April 22, 2012, 01:04:40 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Edward, although some people call me Ted. I am a fourteen year old high school student at The Bronx High School of Science, and I live right here in Astoria. Currently I am doing an English paper about the G&T schools in Astoria, as this topic means quite a bit to me and I easily relate to it.  That sounds about it really, I can't think of anything else to say. It's nice to meet you all, and I will try my best to stay active even after this English paper!

Offline lazybuni

• Tourist
« Reply #1250 on: May 16, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
Hello guys~
I am new to this forum but I've moved here for 2 years.
Very exited to see we have such a informative forum!

Offline ThisSideofSteinway

• Tourist
« Reply #1251 on: August 10, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »
Hi!

I've been in Astoria for five years now, and I've love every minute of it! I'm actually part of some local civic groups, including the Long Island City Alliance. If you've got any concerns about local issues, e.g. parks, sanitation, traffic, etc., let me know - we're always looking to do more!

Offline clivehudson

• Tourist
« Reply #1252 on: September 27, 2014, 01:03:39 PM »
Just wanted to say hello and to introduce myself here to all of you.  I will be moving to Astoria in early August from Long Island.  LI is not my native area but I have been living there for the last four years studying music at Stony Brook University.  Now that I've gotten my doctorate, I'm moving to Queens to be closer to the city's music scene.  I'm a harpsichordist and erstwhile singer that plays and sings both early music and new music; I teach as well.  I also love to eat and cook, and am really excited about the availability of good food and ingredients in Astoria.  I run, bike, and swim, so Astoria Park looks fabulous.  Don't own a car (I have lived on LI for 4 years without a car!) but walk and bike everywhere.  I think Astoria will be a good place for me.

Anyway, I look forward to exploring Astoria.  Perhaps I will meet some of you at some point, too.

Meg

Hi all! I'm Clive, my wife and I just recently moved here in Astoria from Austin about a week ago and we have been enjoying our stay here so far. I have actually been following most of the threads here months before when moving here was still uncertain but now that we're here, I decided that it's time to join and become a member.  Anyway, there are still a lot to experience here in Astoria and we're both very very excited about it. 

Offline CoColi

• Tourist
  • Mine forever
    • Design Works
« Reply #1253 on: December 17, 2014, 04:22:36 AM »
Haha, I'm not going to say OK. I'm just saying "Hello, everyone!"
I'm Cocoli and I just joined here a moment ago. I'm 27 years old and I work as a designer in Chicago now. But my uncle has been lived in Astoria for years. Astoria has my wonderful childhood memories. So very thanks for my uncle's caring. I'm an optimistic, passionate, easygoing and aspiration woman. I like reading, photography, singing and traveling in my spare time. However, fashion design is my favourite. I'm really intersted in studying fashionable products like clothes and apparel. And some inspiration from the common occasion really makes me excited. So if you're a fashion lover, welcome! 

Thank you!
Actions speak louder than words. All inspiration I need to get is just for my works.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life