relax

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 152362 times)

Offline williambenoit

• Tourist
Re: Hello
« Reply #1230 on: October 15, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
just wanted to say hi. I live in the 23rd Ave and 35th street area.  I love it. Never been happier.  Looking to get more involved in the neighborhood and in the community but not sure where to even start. Would love some suggestions. Places to meet people, groups to join. I feel somewhat pathetic posting this on a message board but would love to get to know people in my area.

Offline AJTNYC

• Global Moderator
  • Running for President
  • Plays well with others...
« Reply #1231 on: October 17, 2010, 02:52:27 PM »
just wanted to say hi. I live in the 23rd Ave and 35th street area.  I love it. Never been happier.  Looking to get more involved in the neighborhood and in the community but not sure where to even start. Would love some suggestions. Places to meet people, groups to join. I feel somewhat pathetic posting this on a message board but would love to get to know people in my area.

Welcome to the hood!  Searching around the numerous threads on the board is a great way to find info about
Astoria.  Enjoy!

Offline wesettle

• Tourist
« Reply #1232 on: October 20, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »

Hey there, I live in the same area, maybe we're neighbors?  :-D

*advertisement deleted by moderator-AJTNYC*
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:56:52 PM by AJTNYC »

Offline PCOA

• Tourist
« Reply #1233 on: November 04, 2010, 11:08:18 AM »
I've lived in Astoria for almost 3 years and absolutely love it! It's a great neighborhood. One of NYC's best kept secrets!!

Offline Bradc00

• Tourist
    • reviewamover.com
« Reply #1234 on: November 04, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
Hey all I live and work in Astoria and would recommend the area to anyone looking for a great neighborhood.

Offline JoJet

• Tourist
« Reply #1235 on: November 17, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »
Hey everyone, I just moved to Astoria a few months ago and am still exploring the area.  So far I really like it and I can't wait to find out more about the area and where to go.

Offline AJTNYC

• Global Moderator
  • Running for President
  • Plays well with others...
« Reply #1236 on: November 17, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »
Welcome all.  Enjoy looking through the various threads on the board to see what's happening in the hood.

Offline Karma 1224

• Council Member
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none
« Reply #1237 on: February 14, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »
hiii alll

Looks like everyone knows each other already so I just wanted to say hey!My name is Alisha. I lived in Astoria all my life.... first my Astoria Park then Ditmars then back to the park.

Offline FoxyWiles

• Council Member
« Reply #1238 on: February 17, 2011, 09:58:23 PM »
Herro!

I am moving to Astoria next month. I am coming from jacksonheightslife.com and already I find this board funnier and more useful. I can't wait to be in a neighborhood that has burgers and bagels and beers!

Offline divanatrix

• Resident Visa
« Reply #1239 on: February 18, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »
OMG Foxy!!! (I saw your post cuz I read both boards daily)

Gonna miss you on the other board.  Good luck in the new apartment!  :)

Offline ditmarsKate

• Tourist
« Reply #1240 on: March 26, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »
I'm moving to the Ditmars area in May, and I can't wait!  Astoria seems like a great place to live  :-)

Offline liddlemar

• Activist
« Reply #1241 on: March 30, 2011, 08:42:08 PM »
hello everyone! My name is Margaret and I have lived in Astoria all my life ... always been close to Steinway Street

Offline My Smart Hands

• Resident
« Reply #1242 on: April 07, 2011, 05:47:33 PM »
Hello!  My name is Rebecca, and I have lived in Astoria for 13 1/2 years.  Wow, time goes by fast!  I'm a stay-at-home mom recently turned baby sign language instructor.  I've always enjoyed hanging out in Astoria -- I believe there's a great night life here and no reason to go into Manhattan every weekend -- but it wasn't until I became a mom and stayed in Astoria almost 24/7 that I really felt like part of the community.  I'm really proud to call Astoria my home.

Offline FamousNYLover

• Tourist
Re: Hello (FamousNYLover)
« Reply #1243 on: May 30, 2011, 02:18:25 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is Yuki Endo and I was born in Kyoto, Japan, but move to NY in Feb 1996.
You may know  me from 2005 X-mas New York Times Article featuring "He Loves New York, and It Loves Him Right Back."

I have helped QM22 riders with handing out fliers, getting petition to bring back QM22 bus.

I have taken QM22 one time when it only had two trips into Manhattan via 6th Av I think from near Ditmars Blvd/77th St something.

Offline topollillo

• Tourist
« Reply #1244 on: July 23, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »
Hi,
I'm Francisco and recently moved to Astoria with my girlfriend.  Originally from Ecuador, but raised in Brooklyn and Staten Island.  I work as an office manager in a Brooklyn while I get a second degree in Civil Engineering from CCNY.  We live in the top floor of our building and it is really hot in our apartment right now because our AC is not big enough. 

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life