relax

Author Topic: a lot of Pet Peeves???  (Read 50515 times)

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
Re: a lot of Pet Peeves???
« Reply #510 on: January 15, 2008, 03:02:57 PM »
I don't know if it's a pet peeve or what it is, but this made me lose it last night.  Around 1:00 some jerks were SCREAMING, and when I say screaming, it sounded like they were in my living room having a WWF-worthy shouting match.  My girlfriend and I were both dead asleep, and I thought it was happening in my building, she thought it was outside, but either way it woke us both up.  It wasn't until someone somehow out-volumed these jerks with the threat of, "Shut up or I'm calling the effing cops" that it subsided. 
Also, this nagging cough that I get at night sucks pretty bad.
kid.murdock
::true friends will always be there::

Offline Picasso

• Council Member
« Reply #511 on: January 15, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »
people who ask where they can find something in Astoria without saying where in Astoria they are. Astoria is really big people - be specific!

Offline aquaecny

• Senator
« Reply #512 on: January 16, 2008, 06:27:55 AM »
I agree!  People who do that are almost always from Elmira.  Elmironians are all stupid, lazy, uneducated and they don't even speak good American! 
<<clears throat>>  As an Elmira College alum.... How should I feel about your response??  If I could not sense a little joking around, I could easily be offended!  BTW, we always used the term Elmirans.  Good point Paratactical and Frappe. :)

people who ask where they can find something in Astoria without saying where in Astoria they are. Astoria is really big people - be specific!
I can't agree more!  I usually tend not to respond to those threads anymore just because of that!  If they at least included a train station, then wonderful!

Offline MaM

• Running for Senate
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1273725857#/profile.php?id=534020331&ref=profile
« Reply #513 on: January 22, 2008, 07:07:14 PM »
today a young trashy couple was sucking face right across from me.  I'm all for public affection, in the appropriate places like a bar or club, but this was just totally nuts. i was eating lunch at a diner, and they were just going at it, while there guy friend was playing with his iphone.   they kept looking over at me, i guess they knew i was annoyed and kept doing it.  :x  and more annoying was that they were sitting at my table that i sit at everyday.   :ticked:  this was downtown by on canal street and broadway.   

Offline paratactical

• Governor
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »
When looking through the restaurants and food section, seeing so many one post only members on the threads. I know it's not a big problem or anything, but it's really irritating that people make a membership just to say how great a restaurant is or how restaurant X is 90 times better than place Y. It makes it hard to believe the overall tone of a thread and get an accurate read of the restaurant.

Offline Alexa

• Senator
« Reply #515 on: October 22, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »
threads about hipsters
When I'm about to do something, I ask myself "would an idiot do that" and if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #516 on: October 22, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »
threads about hipsters

Yeah, I hate Hipsters.  :lol:  BTW, Great Avatar.  :mrgreen:

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
« Reply #517 on: October 22, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

-my ipod battery life

-the stop b/t Astoria Blvd and Ditmars..

-the guy who did not say thank you after i held the door open for him
Astoria.....\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"A Shady Place For Shady People"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\......So LOVE it OR LEAVE IT !!!!

Offline Alexa

• Senator
« Reply #518 on: October 23, 2008, 03:55:25 PM »
THanks....its not even the hipsters I hate...i'm indifferent...its the threads and whining about the hipsters that irritates me. over and over about the effing hipsters...
When I'm about to do something, I ask myself "would an idiot do that" and if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #519 on: October 24, 2008, 06:46:59 PM »
THanks....its not even the hipsters I hate...i'm indifferent...its the threads and whining about the hipsters that irritates me. over and over about the fricking hipsters...

Yeah. lets  stop talking  about them.  :lol:

Offline jennifer

• Senator
« Reply #520 on: November 10, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »
kenny g on hold

Offline paratactical

• Governor
« Reply #521 on: November 28, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »
Man, I'm sick of people who love the great new establishments in Astoria being ticked off at the presence of the people in the neighborhood that makes it possible for such establishments to survive.

Offline Alexa

• Senator
« Reply #522 on: November 28, 2008, 11:30:35 PM »
Man, I'm sick of people who love the great new establishments in Astoria being ticked off at the presence of the people in the neighborhood that makes it possible for such establishments to survive.

Sounds good, but I did have to read this three times to get it.  :oops:

Offline paratactical

• Governor
« Reply #523 on: November 29, 2008, 07:20:44 AM »
Sounds good, but I did have to read this three times to get it.  :oops:

Hah! Yeah, being away for work and reading all this legalese seems to have made my sentences more convoluted...

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
emergency - why Re: a lot of Pet Peeves???
« Reply #524 on: March 26, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »
New thread. Old thread. Any kind of dough.

Some peevish observations.
NY runs on pizza. Love the pizza threads. Never get tired of them.

http://www.gothamgazette.com/article/searchlight/20090325/203/2870

Council Extends Rent Stabilization

I know it is a great concern for many. But if there is an 'emergency', and it lasts for decades, then I am pretty sure there are govt. policies throwing a wrench in things.
Can make you cry, or just laugh.
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life