relax

Author Topic: a lot of Pet Peeves???  (Read 50523 times)

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
Re: a lot of Pet Peeves???
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 10:13:43 AM »
Oh yeah, here's another one:  what's the deal with people listening to their iPods so loudly that I can actually recognize the songs, and pick out lyrics from the complete opposite side of the train?  THe point of headphones are so that the people near you don't have to listen to your crappy music, am I right?  How are they not deaf by now from all that craziness? 

Totally agree.  I think a lot of it is the kind of headhones.  I've noticed that the apple headphones that come with the iPods are crap, and the music bleeds like crazy.  I spent $40 and got nice headphones that blocks out most sound so even if I'm not listening to music, it blocks most sound out.  And other people can't hear what I'm listening to.
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

flooz

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »
i hate people.

~and let me apologize to all of you that have grammar pet peeves, i think in any one of my posts i probably do at least 3 of the things that piss you off! i really don't do grammar... so consider yourselves warned!

and i really do hate people.  :evil:

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
Flooz ! Re: a lot of Pet Peeves??
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »
i hate people.

~and let me apologize to all of you that have grammar pet peeves, i think in any one of my posts i probably do at least 3 of the things that piss you off! i really don't do grammar... so consider yourselves warned!

:cry:

Your hate is warm and cozy.
- hell kitty
 :mrgreen:
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

flooz

Re: Flooz ! Re: a lot of Pet Peeves??
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 10:38:10 AM »
:cry:

Your hate is warm and cozy.
- hell kitty
 :mrgreen:

i don't have as much hate for certain people...  :wink: you know who you are

Offline Jonathan

• Senator
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »
Oh yeah, here's another one:  what's the deal with people listening to their iPods so loudly that I can actually recognize the songs, and pick out lyrics from the complete opposite side of the train?  THe point of headphones are so that the people near you don't have to listen to your crappy music, am I right?  How are they not deaf by now from all that craziness? 

What I love are the kids who wear their headphones off the ear so they can turn it all the way up. Is it to be cool or to just not blow out their ears?  Either way, I do not want to hear it.

duluoz_cats

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 11:00:54 AM »
i hate people.

Hold on there a sec, chica ... this is my tag line  :wink:

Though have you met my buddy Bukowski ... ?

Misanthropes unite! ... heh. (oh, the dichotomy ...)

flooz

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »

Misanthropes unite! ... heh. (oh, the dichotomy ...)

too....many...big...words.... dictionary please?

- i love that quote!

Offline enigmacat

• Governor
  • I am not a minion of evil. I am upper management.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 11:08:40 AM »
I used to have a boss who would ask me to do research in preparation for a new project. I would read up on the subject area. Then, in meetings with the vendor, he would cut me off when I tried to talk and then would talk absolute bs, having absolutely no idea about the subject but pretending that he did. The tekkies would just kind of exchange looks and I would want to crawl under the table with embarrassment.

I'm so glad I don't work there anymore.

OK, that was a VERY specific pet peeve, but it seriously irked me.

wernham-hogg

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 03:54:31 PM »
My pet peeve is the startlingly common misuse of the word "literally". You hear it all the time. People will say something along the lines of "I literally died" (Um, since you're able to tell me this story...probably not) or "He was literally laughing his head off" (I think if he did I would have heard something about this in the news). This drives me up a wall (not to be taken literally).

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 03:57:24 PM »
My pet peeve is the startlingly common misuse of the word "literally". You hear it all the time. People will say something along the lines of "I literally died" (Um, since you're able to tell me this story...probably not) or "He was literally laughing his head off" (I think if he did I would have heard something about this in the news). This drives me up a wall (not to be taken literally).

This reminds me of the time I heard a funny joke, and it made me laugh so hard I literally caughed up a lung.  You should have seen it... Hanging out of my mouth like that.  The doctors had quite a time getting it back in.

Speaking of pet peeves, has this ever happened to anyone else?
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

Offline MandaT

• Mayor
  • My ride.
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »
I gotta get this off my chest. You know how when you buy a new coat, or blazer, or skirt, and the flap in the back is stitched shut? You're supposed to undo that before you wear it. PLEASE undo it. It's stitched like that to make sure it gets to the store without getting all rumpled or creased, but you're not supposed to wear it like that. I saw a grown man with a nice long wool coat on yesterday with that damn flap stitched shut.

Same as when the pockets are stitched shut. Obviously you're supposed to have use of your pockets, so you're expected to undo that stuff before you wear it. But I can't see your pockets. I SEE the flaps.

If it's a friend, I tell them, or even take it upon myself to undo it for them. But strangers are out of range. And aside from the urge to run up and grab their coat and undo it for them, I simply simmer with irritation. So please help me out and undo that thread on your coat or skirt. All it takes is a pair of scissors, or a good tug.

Many thanks.

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »
Hmm.  I've never heard of this.  I wonder if I do this.  Have no idea what the flap in the back even looks like.  Is this a fancy coat or skirt thing?

marela

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »
I can't stand people who spit in public. That sudden urge to release all of your saliva in your mouth while others are passing by is just wrong!

So, I was walking down Broadway one day and this guy coming towards me waddled his spit in his mouth and then spit it out at the same time a gust of wind came by.... you know the rest. All over his winter coat! Sweet Justice was mine!

Offline MandaT

• Mayor
  • My ride.
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 01:13:12 PM »
Hmm.  I've never heard of this.  I wonder if I do this.  Have no idea what the flap in the back even looks like.  Is this a fancy coat or skirt thing?

You know, the slit in the back. Like a kick pleat on a skirt, or similar item on a coat or jacket.

Offline enigmacat

• Governor
  • I am not a minion of evil. I am upper management.
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. sometimes I wish i had a pair of scissors in my purse. "excuse me ma'am..."

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life