relax

Author Topic: Phillies Ristorante  (Read 1879 times)

KilDaraSidhe

Phillies Ristorante
« on: May 21, 2005, 11:17:02 PM »
I just wanted to share this great little italian resturant that I found. This little rink a dink place is not some trendy little place. The tacky wall panneling and the big metal thing next to the kitchen gives you a first instinct to run. One thing you will notice however is the worn out floor from years of many customers treading over it tells you that this little place is the place to be.

If your looking for an inexpensive great tasting romantic Italian place to it, this is it. On nice nights you can dine in the small Eutopia out back that features a pond with fish, many flowers, ivy on the walls, and many white lights. The chef there takes great pleasure and pride in his garden in the back, as much as he does in the food that he makes.

On this night the chef talked us into starting out Goat Cheese Torta. Now, let me tell you, I am NOT a goat cheese person. As a matter of fact I usually despise it. The chef knew we would like it and gave us some of his Goat Cheese Torta. Eyeng it with scheptical eyes I took some and spread it on my bread, and to my surprise it was actually pretty good. So good that I would actually probably order it again on my own next time I go back.

Following that was the salad that came with dinner with balsamic dressing. My husband chose Fusili Di Napoli wich is pasta with Sauteed Broccoli Rabe and Italian Sausage in a light garlic suace. I opted for my normal thing Chicken Parmigiana. Now, normally when I get this, I will eat the chicken and leave the pasta. Most places tend to serve a really bitter marinera that I despise. Here however, is a very simple yet tasty pasta suace. I found the suace to be naturally sweet with hints of garlic and basil in it.

At this point I was terriby full, but the chef urged me to try his home made cheese cake. Talk about wanting to savor this moment. All of my stress from the day seamed to melt away with each decadent  bite. Both my husband an I left very full and I know we will both sleep well tonight.

You need to try this little place out next time your looking for a small, out of the way place to eat where the food will put a smile on your face. Its called Phillies Ristorante and it is located at 19-19 Ditmars Blvd right by Asoria Park between 19st and 21st st.  

Also, on a side note, "The Sopranos" cast/crew are regulars whenever the production is in Astoria (Silvercup Studio).

NickNSakai

Phillies Ristorante
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 10:47:19 PM »
I'm hearing that Phillie's is thinking about selling the restaurant.  They are currently on vacation till 9/25.  If you don't want it gone, you need to go there and show the support.  Otherwise, they won't be around much longer.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life