relax

Author Topic: Looking for roommate for one-year lease in Astoria  (Read 1403 times)

phenomeron

Looking for roommate for one-year lease in Astoria
« on: November 10, 2006, 05:23:58 PM »
1) I am looking to find a roommate for a private bedroom and to share the rest of a first floor apartment (kitchen, living room, den, etc.). This is for a one-year lease starting December 1st.
2) I prefer a male roommate (although females are welcome to inquire). Also, someone who’s not an uber-neat freak (I’m not Oscar Madison, but I’m not Felix Unger either…). I’m not around a lot (I get home past 10pm on weekdays), but really like my privacy when I’m home.
3) You will have your own room (it’s long and narrow, but it’s suited me fine for over 5 years, but now I’m moving to the larger room. It has enough room to fit a twin bed (maybe a full..), and a dresser. You’d also have your own closet. BTW, the temperature in this room is much better than my soon-to-be new room.
4) The apartment is in Astoria, Queens. I’m a 2 minute walk to the 46th St. station for the R/V. It takes about 30 to 35 minutes to get to either 8th St. on the R, or W. 4th St. on the V.
5) The area is right near major shopping on Northern Blvd (Pathmark, Stop N Shop, Best Buy, and Home Depot) and Steinway St (The Gap, Starbucks, Blockbuster Video, etc. There are also a lot of cool bars/lounges on Broadway. The Kaufman Astoria movie theaters and a billiards/game hall are also a 10 minute walk away. How can you beat that?
6) The apartment comes with gas and water included. We’d split electricity (costs about $30 to $40 per month). Splitting digital cable and DSL Internet is preferred, but not required.
7) The apartment has no land line, so you must have a cell phone.
8) The price is a little under 700 per month. You’d need one month’s rent as security. I can check if there is a credit check, but when I signed my lease, I wasn’t asked for one.
9) There is no smoking in the apartment, but outside the apartment is fine.
10) Landlord's rule...no pets.
11) The living room has a futon and a TV.
12) Message me or email me at rapatalo@gmail.com if you are interested, or if you have any questions.

Offline daisy

• President
Re: Looking for roommate for one-year lease in Astoria
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 12:08:51 PM »
It's the Phenomeron!!  Welcome to the board!   :-)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:52:06 AM by daisy »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life