relax

Author Topic: Poetry Reading and Networking Event  (Read 1624 times)

ChristineHamm

Poetry Reading and Networking Event
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:37:29 AM »
Hey out there dear friends and possibly people I don't know that well,

I'm a writer in Astoria and I'm having a reading/networking event this coming Friday at 8PM.  It's in lovely Long Island City, nestled securely in the arms (or rhetorical devices) of the Women's Studio Center, a beautiful art center that welcomes all genders.  ALL.  There will be chips and salsa and perhaps some coffee.  If pressed, I will bring mint chocolate cookies.  And it's all amazingly free.

I'm reading my new book, The Transparent Dinner (for more about it, go here: www.christinehamm.org), and enouraging all the talented people in the room to network.  You might meet your next publisher, best friend, or bitter literary rival!

Here's the directions.  (Personally, I take the 7 to Courthouse Square and walk two blocks.)
Women's Studio Center Inc.
21-25 44 Avenue
Long Island City  -- There's a big green awning sticking out over the street with some regal looking flower pots flanking it.  The awning declares Diego!, as he is our supporter.

The Various Nearby Subway Stops:

G to Court Square (From Brooklyn)

7 to 45th Road/Courthouse Square

N to Queensborough Plaza

R to Queens Plaza

F to 21st Street/Queensbridge

For directions on the Womens Studio Website go here: http://www.womenstudiocenter.org/id17.html

Astorians

Poetry Reading and Networking Event
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:37:29 AM »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life