relax

Author Topic: Someone cut down the tree in front of C bank on Ditmars  (Read 2711 times)

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
Someone cut down the tree in front of C bank on Ditmars
« on: June 25, 2004, 04:53:45 PM »
I wonder if Commerce Bank had it cut down because it was obstructing their sign. Maybe we should go in and ask them if they know why it was cut down.

frozenfroot

I wonder if a new tree will grow out of the old stump
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 12:30:58 AM »
i wonder what it would take to plant a new tree, or to assist the old tree in growing back... who to ask. what to do...

itchy green thumb

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 11:24:19 PM »
I thought for a while that maybe they were going to replant a tree there but it looks like its just gone by the wayside. Maybe I'll sneak out some night and plant one there. Anyone interested in helping out?

Offline mridude

• Mayor
  • THIS is a one bedroom apartment in Astoria?
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 08:51:52 PM »
..........There has been a problem with that Asian long horn beetle that is killing alot of Maples....sadly old ones. They supposedly got here from Tiwan inside wooden pallats. Only way to treat an infected tree is to cut it down and burn it.
Definition of a "Junior 1 Bedroom": A Studio Apt. cut in half!

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 09:26:30 PM »
That's sad.

So let's get over it and replant!!! Anyone have a suggestion. I say we pick a night and head down there with tree and shovel in hand and plant one. We can dress in all black and paint our faces.

I know. We can buy some of those water guns that look real just in case someone tries to stop us we can scare them real bad with our fake guns.

Bookbinder

bathtub
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 10:34:15 PM »
i know that in williamsburg, when you walk down Havemeyer south of Metropolitan, theres a section where the sidewalks are lined with discarded bathtubs.  and those tubs have dirt and sod and plants and grass and small stone sculptures and such.  each sidewalk bathtub is its own garden and work of art.  we could do something fun like that.  but not that.  cause no one likes a copycat.  that was the #1 of 3rd grade  -  "no one likes a copycat"

wynnwill

Sick Trees
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 09:39:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure the trees were sick.  One that they cut down was clearly dead, but then they also cut down the other ones.  They should definitely plant some new ones.  My landlord cut down this tree on our property.  Can he do that?  It was so he can grow his garden.  The tree was really nice.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life