relax

Author Topic: Storytelling and Comedy Home Concerts  (Read 717 times)

Offline nancygoldman

• Tourist
Storytelling and Comedy Home Concerts
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:00:52 AM »
Hi Everyone,I'm writing because starting Sunday, 1/28 at 6:30pm I'm going to be hosting monthly storytelling home concerts in Jackson Heights, Queens and hope you'll come.If you've never been to a storytelling home concert, it takes place in the living room with about 15 people sitting around (without a campfire), sipping beverages, and listening to 3-4 performers tell stories (usually non-fiction, but sometimes folktales). We have a sofa, chairs, meditation cushions, and pillows; coffee, tea and some refreshments; oh, and a cat (Milo, he's very sweet) and bird.I created this event, "Come Over For Coffee," because it's the kind of evening I'd like to attend, and I thought it would be a good way to bring neighbors together.As you plan your month and are thinking about ways to keep warm, this will be a friendly and toasty evening. I'm asking for $15 donations to pay the performers but it's just a suggestion.  Please let me know if you plan on coming since seating is limited.   Email me at heightshub@gmail.com for reservations and our address.

Also, thanks for any help you can provide spreading the word.

Nancy Goldman

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life