relax to shut down -> Read more here

Author Topic: Studio apartment for 71 year old  (Read 1986 times)

Offline acrussell775

  • Tourist
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Gender: Female
Studio apartment for 71 year old
« on: December 08, 2017, 02:39:16 PM »
Hi there,

My ex-mother in law is in a housing predicament, and is in need of an apartment. She is a married woman currently living with me to take care of my son while I'm at work. Her husband (who lives in California) hasn't provided her with proof of income for almost a year now. She has a substantial amount of money in her bank account and near perfect credit, but the paperwork has been a hard stop. $1200 max for an apartment hopefully for the new year.

Any leads would be wildly appreciated!

Offline astoria101

  • Citizen
  • ***
  • Posts: 88
  • 11106 - Kaufman Arts District, Dutch Kills, LIC
Re: Studio apartment for 71 year old
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »
If she has no proof of reliable income she might have to do like the college students do and either get a personal guarantee from somebody who does have excellent credit/provable income or use a service like to guarantee payment to the landlord.


Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life