relax

Author Topic: Looking for dog rescues in Queens to make donations to  (Read 1048 times)

Offline LizDaFizz

• Tourist
Looking for dog rescues in Queens to make donations to
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:11:54 PM »
My parent's 12 year old black labrador recently passed away and they've decided they cannot adopt another animal due to their age and finances but would like to donate her things (large beds, blankets, sheets, towels, toys, canned and dry food, bowls, feeder station, unused wee pads and diapers, etc; there are also some prescription medications and medical supplies but I'm not sure if anyone can legally take that kind of stuff, maybe the sealed syringes and sealed heartworm meds?) to any rescue organizations in the area but I'm having a hard time finding them.  Most of what I'm finding is either strictly for cats (nothing against cats - I have one! - but considering a lot of the stuff is large dog sized or strictly for dogs, they would like to give to a place that also helps dogs) or the websites are very vague on where they're actually located to make donations or simply don't mention wanting physical donations at all.  They have a car but do not want to go that far - they live in Astoria but are willing to drive probably anywhere within Queens, maybe Long Island.  Does anyone have recommendations for any reputable organizations I can steer them towards?  I have already looked at the Mayor's Alliance for NYC Animals but that's where a lot of the vagueness came from - I'm not against any of those organizations so if you have had success donating to them, I'd love to know!

Offline Katespinoz

• Tourist
Re: Looking for dog rescues in Queens to make donations to
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 01:22:50 PM »
Bid a wee
I donated dog bed and blankets a few years ago. There are either on 34 or 33st and 1st ave in Manhattan.

Offline Katespinoz

• Tourist
Re: Looking for dog rescues in Queens to make donations to
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life