relax

Author Topic: Yoga at Home!  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Yoga Flow on the Go

• Tourist
    • Yoga Flow on the Go
Yoga at Home!
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
Yoga Flow on the Go will meet you at your home, work, gym or other desired location - at any time! Services include yoga, Reiki, Thai Yoga Massage and/or personal training. If you have any questions please call or email Corinne, and check out the website - Call today to schedule a FREE consultation!   631.879.3539

www.YogaFlowOnTheGo.com
Corinne@YogaFlowOnTheGo.com

Offline Pulled pork

• Mayor
Corner Bistro LIC
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »
We happened by Saturday night and had to go in.  Turned out it was opening night.  If you have ever been to the original Corner Bistro in the West Village, you will immediately see things familiar and thankfully things new. 
Familiar:
Short menu with Burgers, fries and.... Oh yeah.  That's pretty much it.  The burgers are about $8 - $11 and pretty darn good.  They keep it pure and simple.  Old school squishy buns which I love.  No Brioche buns here.  The burger is hand formed, juicy and delicious.  The a la carte fries suck.  All this is familiar.  Our Manhattans sucked. Not sure if it was even bourbon in the glass.  But then again this is The Corner Bistro and we should have stuck with the beer selection which my friend said was spot on.  Decently cheap prices, great non gourmet burgers, excellent beer list. 

New:
Ahhhhh, no smell of stale beer and piss.  NICE!  Even the owner(?) joked with me about that.  The place is too new actually and feels weird if you've been a devout Shriner at the original location.  The paint smell is still in the air and the walls are too white and unblemished.  Needs some smoke stains or dust or something.  What else is new??? Well, it's in LIC!!!!!  Closer than ever and that's good news for us. 

I guess all we can hope for is better fries, the smells stay away and the bartender gets better at mixed drinks.  Welcome to the 'hood boys.  We are happy to have you here.

Offline movingsale718astoria

• Resident
    • Our Moving Sale in Astoria!
We are having a big open house moving sale Saturday and Sunday in Astoria.  We are located on 25th Ave, near the corner of Steinway Street.  Located at 40-04 25th Ave, near Steinway Street.

We will probably start around 12pm and end at 4pm.

We created a Wordpress webpage, where you can view some of the items we are selling.  However, we are adding more and more as we go through things. 
 http://www.movingsale718astoria.wordpress.com
 Descriptions and prices are listed on the site as well.

If you are interested in anything particular feel free to email and we can schedule a time for you to stop by.

Items we still have available:
 Wood Frame Futon (has been in our guest room)
 2 Ikea Dressers
 Aqua Blue Colored Dresser
 Ikea Wardrobe
 Ikea Shelving Units
 Wooden Shelving Unit (matches the Ikea Furniture in color)
 Storage Containers
 Wine Rack (holds several bottles!)
 Coolers (Big Igloo Cooler and Medium Collapsible Cooler)
 DVD Player
 VHS Player
 Air Conditioner (5000 BTUs/h with strong fan!)
 Clothing (Men and Womens)
 Glassware (Martini Glasses, Wine Glasses, Champagne Glasses, etc.)
 Plates and Bowls
 Office Supplies and Organizers
 Wall Art
 Framed Lithographs
 Picture Frames
 Board Games
 Vases
 Items from Crate and Barrel
 German Beer Mugs
 Bamboo Curtains
 Fabric Curtains and Hardware
 Film/Photography Equipment (2 Stingers, Gels, Duvetyne, Tape, Sash, Various Sized Clips, Light Cases, Big Plastic Sheets of Neutral Density, Light Boxes, etc.)
 Large Pillows for a Couch or Living Room
 Coleman Air Mattress & Pump
 Kitchen Cart on Wheels
 Area Rug
 Mirrors
 Giant Blue Chinese Lantern
 Blue Police Light
 Multi Directional Floor Lamp
 26" Television
 Media Center
 Books
 CDs
 Metal Shelving Unit (Tall)
 Metal Shelving Unit (Medium)
 Metal Kitchen Shelving Unit on Wheels
 Kitchen Items
 Purses and Bags
 Ironing Board
 Laptop ($50)
 Tons More...............................................................

Offline GrowNYC

• Tourist
6/18 Last Day for Recycling Clothing and Textiles at the Library
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »
 Each year the average New Yorker throws nearly 50 pounds of textiles such as old clothing, towels and shoes in the household trash. That adds up to more than 380 million pounds each year citywide – a number GrowNYC’s Office of Recycling Outreach and Education is working to shrink: we’ve collected 1,400,000 lbs of textiles from more than 80,000 New Yorkers and counting...

Just in time for spring cleaning, GrowNYC and the Queens Library are partnering for clothing and textile collection events at the Queens Library at Broadway, Woodside and Steinway.  The events will be held at each location on June 18 from 3pm to 7pm.

These one day events compliment ongoing, weekly textile collections at 8 of GrowNYC’s year-round Greenmarkets, including the weekly Sunday collection at the Jackson Heights Greenmarket, and have diverted over 1,400,000 lbs from disposal. 

WHAT: 
FREE textile recycling events hosted by GrowNYC and the Queens Library

WHEN/WHERE:
Broadway Library (4020 Broadway, LIC)
Woodside Library (54-22 Skillman Ave, Woodside)
Steinway Library (21-45 31st Street, Astoria)
Monday, June 18; 3-7pm

For more information, visit http://www.grownyc.org/clothing or call 212.788.7964. 

Offline Mckenna797

• Running for Mayor
Giant arrested for driving drunk in Astoria
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 03:15:00 AM »
     http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/10/police-new-york-giant-david-diehl-crashed-into-four-parked-cars-failed-breathalyzer-test/  NEW YORK(CBSNewYork) — New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl was arrested in connection with a suspected DWI, according to police.
Diehl, 31, allegedly drove a BMW into four parked cars in Astoria after watching a soccer game at a bar, police said.
Diehl stayed at the scene of the accident and there were no injuries.
According to authorities, Diehl was taken to the 114th precinct where he failed a breathalyzer test.

Offline see_dub

• Resident
Astoria-LIC Identity Crisis
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Hey all,

ConEd says I live in Astoria, the Post Office says it's Long Island City.  Either way, GPS units never find my house right away!  Anyone know what the lines of demarcation are in regards to the border?  I'm north of Broadway, and a block from Vernon.  Does the neighborhood even have a name?  Is it Hallot's Cove or is that just the housing project on that peninsula? 

Anyway, I've been there for two years and see more and more young people moving into the neighborhood, which is cool, but what do people do in the area.  Since it's so far (ok not that far, but still) from the train, you'd think there would be more local draws in the immediate area.  And with two big apartment buildings nearing completion on Broadway, I can only wonder why new businesses haven't seized on taking over all the abandoned warehouses nearby. 

Anyone in the CostCo/Socrates area know what I'm talking about?  What do you do in the immediate area?  Do you find yourself walking far for a bite to eat, or for a good cup of coffee, or a drink after a long work day?  How does one rally the community or get involved in making things more vibrant?

Offline ClassicKewGardens

• Tourist
Luxury Rentals in Kew Gardens!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
The six-story building perfectly blends old world charm with modern amenities due to a unique architectural design that combines four newly added floors with two existing levels that all pay homage to the English Colonial design commonly found in Kew Gardens.
Prices for the collection of just 52 one-, two-and three-bedroom luxury rentals.
The Classic also brings Manhattan-style amenities and services to Kew Gardens. The Classic Club features a fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, a children’s playroom and an exquisitely decorated social lounge with a catering kitchen, dining room, game table and a large plasma TV. There’s also The Salon, a relaxed setting for reading the newspaper or utilizing the available wireless capabilities, as well as complimentary bike storage, available personal storage, and an attended indoor garage.
The Classic Club features:
-Fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
-Children’s playroom
-Exquisitely decorated social lounge with a catering kitchen, dining room, -game table and a large plasma TV
-The Salon, a relaxed setting for reading the newspaper or utilizing the available wireless capabilities
-complimentary bike storage
-available personal storage
-attended indoor garage

917-480-0324
www.Classickewgardens.com

Offline My Smart Hands

• Resident
Baby Sign Language Class starting Sept 5 - new location!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
A new session of My Smart Hands Baby Sign Language classes will begin Wednesday, September 5th at 11:30 a.m. at a new location: babyNOIR (on 23rd Avenue, across from Raising Astoria)! 

This mommy-and-me class meets every Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. for 8 weeks.  You will learn over 100 signs through songs, stories, and games.  Each student will receive a 4-color workbook with detailed instructions on the signs we learn and a CD of the songs we sing in class.

• Learn how to communicate with your child before he/she can talk!
  • Accelerate your child's language development and increase his/her vocabulary!
  • Reduce frustration and temper tantrums!
  • Meet other parents in your community in a fun, relaxed atmosphere with a certified instructor!

Learn more and register at www.MySmartHandsNYC.com and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BabySignLanguageNYC

Offline Debbie

• Senator
Guns in Astoria
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »

Offline saltine warrior

• Council Member
1 Bed $1250
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
This 1 bed just became available and the details that I know at at this time are:

Older building on 34th Avenue at 9th Street (check google maps) 3 story building, walk-up, quiet area

A block and a half from the park and River (quite a walk from N and Q train)

Costco and Socrates park around the corner

$1250

I hope to have pictures if this stays available through the weekend but I wanted to post since this price range is a rare find in Astoria and wanted to give the Astorians crew first crack at it.

Broker Fee.

Call, Text or E-mail Tim at:
timtaylorapartments@gmail.com
347-239-3596

Offline Songstress

• Tourist
Condo noise complaints
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 11:10:00 PM »
We have rented an apt in a condo for 9 years. The woman upstairs and her maids have called the condo office to complain about loud music all throughout these years. It could be 2 in the afternoon and they will complain. I am not BLASTING music at 2pm. I put it on mostly when I'm cleaning. They have made it so that I don't even listen to music anymore unless its On a small kitchen radio. Today they called th condo office to complain about "loud music". We weren't playing music all day. We were, however, watching a movie. So now it's graduating to them complaining about our tv. We have been threatened with fines. I have responded by explaining to the board and our landlady that they cannot fine us for something they haven't assessed themselves. The woman could say she saw us murdering someone and they would believe her? At this point it's turning into harassment and I can't enjoy my own home. Does anyone know if I can take legal action against the people upstairs or the condo if they keep threatening to fine us? And can they fine me for noise at 2 in the afternoon?

Offline Unugquags

• New User (Limited)
Ziac En Chile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 07:30:58 AM »
Ziac ===  Farmacia Online === Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide
Complacer haga clic a continuacion.

Tags:                  
coste de Ziac comprimido a poco precio empaquetado
farmacia saldo medicamentos genericos Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide farmacia conceder descuento codigo penal
Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide fournir news
Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide  italy
vendita Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide porta a porta della pillola
compra de Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide en pharmacie
comprare Ziac  senza ricetta
Ziac comprare farmacia acquisto
como comprar Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide en argentina
precio Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide en canada
Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide bravo costo per
Ziac consegna a domicilio acquisto
medicamento online comprar Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide
vender rebaja Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide en peru
farmacia Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide en colombia
efectos secundarios Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide envio comprimido tengo
venderse con receta personas Ziac farmacia rematar cont descuento
Ziac  italy
buy Ziac online checking account
http://www.vote-no.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=103813.new#new
http://www.cruciverb.com/index.php?topic=97921.new#new
Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide  compra farmacia comprimido sin receta
prezzo acquisto Ziac
compra Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide pillola farmacia on line
generico Ziac generico
buy Ziac  online conceder descuento
comprar Ziac gratuiti
pedido Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide en canada
http://www.piersolar.com/piersolar.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14433
farmacia Ziac farmacia vendor con rebaja
Ziac  vendita libera
comprimido no receta ups online Ziac
precio Ziac en peru
Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide cheapest canadian pharmacies
compra comprimido citrato de Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide online
bajo vendo Ziac
buy Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide online without a prescription
venderse con receta personas Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide farmacia rematar cont descuento
Biosoprolol - Hydrochlorothiazide buono prezzo italia
tabletas de Ziac en espana
Ziac  recapitare di

Offline chibisakana

• Tourist
Looking for large studio or 1Br for April 15 or May 1 $1400
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »
Hi There,

I'm a 27-year-old female looking to rent an apartment in Astoria for April 15th or May 1st occupancy. I've tried Craigslist but it seems I'm a bit early. Just trying to get a jump on things in  case there is good inventory available now. I don't mind paying a broker fee but would not like the monthly rent to exceed $1400. No pets here and it's just me who would be living in the apartment. Prefer to be south of Astoria Blvd if possible. If anyone happens to know of any availability it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

Offline AnotherAstorian

• Tourist
Parking Close to 35th St and Astoria Blvd
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Hello everyone - first timer here. Google brought me to this website.

I'm looking to rent a parking spot near 35th and Astoria Blvd. If you think you can help, etc.... Please feel free to respond with details.

Thanks.

Offline diana

• Tourist
1BR available in 3BR apt near Crescent and 30th ave
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »

I have lived in this beautiful apartment with my friend and roommate for the last two years. She recently got a job teaching abroad, so I am looking for a subletter starting July 1.

About the apt: Large 3BR apt with two bathrooms, 2 balconies, a living room, dining room, and kitchen to be shared with one person. The available bedroom is small, but comfortably fits a queens sized bed and nightstand, and there is a closet (more closet space available throughout the apartment if necessary). The apt is fully furnished.

About me: I am a 30 year old female teacher who works in the East Village. I am a quiet, clean, respectful roommate. I spend a significant amount of at home and in the neighborhood. Although I have summers off, I will be working most of July and out of town in August. As for the rest of the school year, I tend to wake up early and go to bed early so as to survive long days with students. Also, I love to cook.

Rent is $900 + 50/50 split of Con Ed (approx $100/month), TV ($25/month), and internet ($50/month).

Please message me if you are interested or have any questions.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life