relax

Author Topic: Korean BBQ by Ditmars  (Read 1540 times)

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
Korean BBQ by Ditmars
« on: July 21, 2017, 08:15:50 AM »
It looks like the new korean BBQ place will be opening soon. I saw they put up a sign that says I think Pelicano.  I'm excited about this new restaurant opening right under the Ditmars train station

Offline Simplymei

• Citizen
Re: Korean BBQ by Ditmars
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »
Greetings Braun ~

Opened finally last week.  It was crowded the day I went after work (Wednesday) but went for take-out.  Since they advertise "premium chicken," I wanted to at least try it once since I found it a bit pricey.

Would I try it again?  I might.  It wasn't too bad.  I had the chicken teriyaki w/rice and it had a side green salad included w/truffle dressing for it.  My thought was that it would not be filling but it was.

The Columbian place across the street is better and much needed in our area since we don't really have any latin american food places nearby (that I'm aware of).

C'iao for now ~

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 08:11:34 AM »
I'll have to try it and see how pricey they are.  I also have to try the colombian place.  Right now my favorite restaurant is the Brazilian place Kilo.  You really get your money's worth there and the food is delicious.  I go there every weekend.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »
I read a few bad reviews on Yelp so now I'm not so sure I even want to try this place.  First they say it's expensive and then they say there is bad service and you don't get your money's worth.  Someone said they dont' think they will last long in Astoria and that they have a menu that says lunch specials but then when you get there there they don't honor the lunch special. I changed my mind about wanting to try this place.

Offline Egglantine

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 12:08:54 AM »
Pelicana is a chain in Korea. I don't think they are traditional Korean BBQ (hotpot). Their specialty is KFC--Korean fried chicken, which in my opinion is the best fried chicken ever. The thing to order here isn't a chicken dish like chicken teriyaki but wings (and beer if they serve it). Very excited to try out this place since K-Town is too far for me these days.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life