relax

Author Topic: Burger Lab  (Read 4774 times)

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
Burger Lab
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:24:50 AM »
I saw they put up a sign where Razzies pizza used to be that says Burger Lab.  It looks retro like Flattops sign.  Let's see what this place will be like.  The space is very small.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
Re: Burger Lab
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 08:04:05 AM »
The name sounds very strange to me and the sign is ugly

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:15:57 AM »
I walked by when they had the door open and saw the inside of this place.  They;re still working on it, but it looks nice.  There is now exposed brick.  I'm still not sure what kind of place this will be with the strange name of Burger Lab.  I'm curious to find out.  They've been working on this place for a while now.

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 04:04:21 PM »
It's not going to be the Lab grown meat... unless you want to pay thousands of dollars...

However, I believe the chain is originally based in New Zealand or Australia. It is yet ANOTHER attempt to "gourmet" a hamburger by putting it on a some kind of fancy roll and weird stuff on them and then charging $$$. They're behind the times by at least 2 years since I'm sure this idea is as dated as Avocado Toast.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 08:02:13 AM »
It's not going to be the Lab grown meat... unless you want to pay thousands of dollars...

However, I believe the chain is originally based in New Zealand or Australia. It is yet ANOTHER attempt to "gourmet" a hamburger by putting it on a some kind of fancy roll and weird stuff on them and then charging $$$. They're behind the times by at least 2 years since I'm sure this idea is as dated as Avocado Toast.

Well then if their prices are too high they won't last.  We sure don't need another burger place in Astoria.  I didnt' know that this is a chain. 

Offline wannabehippie

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 02:50:53 PM »
This place is finally opening up today.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:18:55 AM »
I can't believe that it finally opened.  I passed by a few times and hardly saw any customers so let's see what happens with this place

Offline wannabehippie

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 02:44:49 PM »
I can't believe that it finally opened.  I passed by a few times and hardly saw any customers so let's see what happens with this place

I am going to give it a try Saturday night for dinner. They need to put out the notice that they are open. Banners, flyers, ads, etc.

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 03:32:38 PM »

I am going to give it a try Saturday night for dinner. They need to put out the notice that they are open. Banners, flyers, ads, etc.

soft opening.. just to get to bugs out. I'm sure they'll do a Grand Opening. OR- they'll realize it's a waste of  time and close up forever. Like a few other places in the area

Offline wannabehippie

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »
Ended up going there last night for dinner. Had the classic cheeseburger, sans grilled onions and mayo mustard. Very tasty, not sure if it is worth the price. It was busy though. Fries were very good, hand cut.
They also have something called 'nitro shakes' three flavors, vanilla bean, chocolate nutella and berry. Didn't get that.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 08:17:34 AM »
I pass by this place every night on my way home and I see lots of people in there.  They got 5 stars on yelp.  The burgers look very big.  I don't even think I could finish one of them.  The menu looks very good.  The only thing I don't like are the stools they have to sit on.  They don't have any backs on them and look uncomfortable.  They should get some regular chairs

Offline moose

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 04:39:44 PM »
Another burger place coming where MP Taverna was

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 07:11:18 PM »
I havent gone but i hear its super expensive . Dont know how with so many options they think people will overspend like that

Offline Born2Pizza

• Tourist
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 03:40:45 PM »
THE sign is ugly man never heard of it it looks so strange to me why is this so AND its so expemsive is it right???

Offline moose

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »
Is it a name change or new people took over?The sign isKX BURGER BARnow

Offline wannabehippie

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »
Is it a name change or new people took over?The sign isKX BURGER BARnow

I saw that, I am going to stop in on my way home and find out.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life