relax

Author Topic: Street parking rules  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Luwidka

• Tourist
Street parking rules
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:17:06 PM »
Hello Astorians! I live in the Steinway Broadway area. I'm temporarily getting a car for a week and would like to know the side street parking rules. The plate of the car is from NJ. I have parked outside of my house for a weekend with my dad's car from NJ and have not had any problem but I'm not sure if I was just lucky. I don't want to be towed or ticketed overnight because the car is out of state? I do understand the cleaning street hours. I just want to know overnight rules?! If any? I would appreciate your help thanks!

Offline therebels

• Citizen
Re: Street parking rules
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 04:39:14 PM »
In state or out of state plates won't matter if the vehicle is parked illegally according to the alternate side parking signs. Overnight regulations are scarce in Astoria with the only one I know of to be on Shore Blvd. at Astoria Park.

If you still have any doubt feel free to check out the NYC 311 website linked below:

http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/2178/parking-signs-and-locator

Offline sorabji

• Activist
    • http://www.sorabji.com
Re: Street parking rules
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 09:28:05 PM »
Yah, out of state doesn't matter. I had a car with Florida plates for a few years, parked curbside for part of that time. Never had trouble on account of the out of state plates (you see them all over the place, btw) though I got a couple of tickets for whatever parking sins I committed.

Just heed hours posted on the street-cleaning signs and don't block someone's driveway or park near a parking meter (unless you intend to feed it).

I think over your way there is at least one street with no side-of-street parking rules. 46th St.? I've seen cars parked there for months, maybe years.

I think the only plates that come with any immunity are Diplomatic Consular U.N. types.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life