relax

Author Topic: loud boom, lights flicker this am?  (Read 1614 times)

Offline djingibi

• Tourist
loud boom, lights flicker this am?
« on: March 31, 2017, 01:27:30 PM »
Hi everyone,
Did anyone hear a loud boom type of sizzling sound and lights flicker around Steinway and 30th avenue?
That's what happened to me. I woke up around 3 am , went to kitchen and came back to my bed to sleep.
After 30 or 40 min just laying down with lights off in my room there was a flash of lights coming from my window which is right across me and I heard that boom sound like helicopters were running into my window.
I didn't see anything. I was scared for a second and just stayed in my bed. Then I got up and looked through the window but everything looked fine. Please let me know if you noticed something like that.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
Re: loud boom, lights flicker this am?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 02:36:40 PM »
Hi everyone,
Did anyone hear a loud boom type of sizzling sound and lights flicker around Steinway and 30th avenue?
That's what happened to me. I woke up around 3 am , went to kitchen and came back to my bed to sleep.
After 30 or 40 min just laying down with lights off in my room there was a flash of lights coming from my window which is right across me and I heard that boom sound like helicopters were running into my window.
I didn't see anything. I was scared for a second and just stayed in my bed. Then I got up and looked through the window but everything looked fine. Please let me know if you noticed something like that.

I didn;t see this but I saw and heard something else that scared me.  I'm on Crescent by 21st and Ditmars . Well at about 5:30 I heard a really loud noise that just got louder and louder.  It didn't sound like a helicopter.  Well I looked out the window and up at the sky and then I saw and heard what looked like a military plane flying extremely low right over my building.  All I could say was Oh My God!  I never saw anything like this before in a residential area. Did anybody else see this?

Offline AlexNYC

• Senator
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »
Sounds like a joint effort of police on the ground with helicopters searching for a suspect. I haven't heard any  news about your incident though.

Offline astoria101

• Citizen
  • 11106 - Kaufman Arts District, Dutch Kills, LIC
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »
Is the president in NYC this weekend?

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life