relax

Author Topic: SoHo Closing Soon  (Read 2543 times)

Offline C-J

• Senator
SoHo Closing Soon
« on: January 30, 2017, 01:29:08 PM »
Stopped in last night and was told they are closing on February 10th.  This breaks my heart as the entire staff has become like family over the years.  Rumour is that the construction office for the project across the street will take over the space.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
Re: SoHo Closing Soon
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 08:13:07 AM »
This place used to be good but has gone downhill over the past few years.  I won't miss them.  The food isn't as good as it used to be

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »
I never liked this place after they did the renovation and put in those big uncomfortable booths.  I used to love it before that

Offline dawnlovesthierry

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 05:18:02 PM »
Ugh!  I will miss them.  I really enjoyed their salads.  Is Create on Ditmars any good?

Offline C-J

• Senator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 10:15:42 PM »
I stopped in tonight and it seems there as been a change of plans and they are going to change one of the owners and stay open a little longer.

For those of you who feel it's gone downhill I encourage you to check out their rice and quinoa bowls - they are really terrific!

Glad to see this place is sticking around a bit longer!

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 08:07:04 AM »
I stopped in tonight and it seems there as been a change of plans and they are going to change one of the owners and stay open a little longer.

For those of you who feel it's gone downhill I encourage you to check out their rice and quinoa bowls - they are really terrific!

Glad to see this place is sticking around a bit longer!

The last time I went there which might have been last year or the year before I got a salad with chicken and the chicken was awful.  It had no taste like it wasn't seasoned at all.  I never went back after that.  I used to love their salads before that.

Offline ladywithpans

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 06:49:11 PM »
I miss SoHo - especially since Last Stop has also closed.
Want your name in lights? Change it to Exit --Soupy Sales

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 08:11:42 AM »
I miss SoHo - especially since Last Stop has also closed.

I know what you mean.  It was a nice place.  I don't know what the new place QWNS Cafe will be like. I think it will be a place where people hang out for hours staring at their laptops.  They don't have many tables in there.  Oh well. Only time will tell

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 03:28:36 PM »

It sucks, as does the rest of these market place changes over the past few years.  I miss the old Astoria.

I know what you mean.  It was a nice place.  I don't know what the new place QWNS Cafe will be like. I think it will be a place where people hang out for hours staring at their laptops.  They don't have many tables in there.  Oh well. Only time will tell

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life