relax

Author Topic: 60 Beans no longer offering dinner .... ;-(  (Read 1406 times)

Offline yippee1999

• Council Member
60 Beans no longer offering dinner .... ;-(
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »

I only learned yesterday that apparently 60 Beans has stopped their dinner service, as of a few weeks ago.  I am so sad, as I loved their dinner offerings and the charming ambiance there.  Granted there are other good places nearby to eat, but 60 Beans was my hands-down favorite place for dinner, and I'd often take myself to dinner there after a long day at the office. 

I'm guessing/have to wonder if the chef has decided to maybe branch off and open his own place??

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
Re: 60 Beans no longer offering dinner .... ;-(
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:03:26 PM »
That didn't last very long.  I don't even think they have been serving dinner for a year

Offline C-J

• Senator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 04:33:51 PM »
The last weekend of service was November 5th.  :(  The waiter thought they might try to launch a brunch in the spring.  If this pans out, it will give The Ditty a serious run for their money as their brunch is TERRIFIC! 

That said, we are really bummed that 60 Beans did this as it was the best kept secret on Ditmars.

Offline yippee1999

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 04:41:12 PM »

Yup, I too considered it one of the best-kept secrets...under the radar of most... I was always a bit surprised that I didn't see more diners there on a regular basis, considering how good the food was.

I think I heard the end of dinner service was 'sudden'.  I have to wonder (pure conjecture) if the chef decided he wants to do his own thing...maybe open his own place?  Or maybe they weren't getting enough dinner traffic/revenue to warrant staying open late each night and paying all the dinner staff?  Maybe they think brunch (which is always popular) is a better way to automatically get more diners, and then maybe from there they will try and hope that some of the brunch crowd then patronizes them for dinner as well?

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life