relax

Author Topic: Hate crimes after Trump election  (Read 5832 times)

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
Re: Hate crimes after Trump election
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2016, 01:14:18 PM »
Truly freighting.  Losers like that guy are a dime a dozen in Astoria.  Careful out there everyone.

This happened on Crescent Street (warning: language).

https://www.facebook.com/KarimFanPage/videos/10153933226601135/

Offline yippee1999

• Council Member
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2016, 01:50:23 PM »

Just watched the video.  People like this have always existed (even in a place like NYC) and always will.  The difference is that such people now feel that they can be a bit more vocal and not have to hide behind a mask...this because they think the bulk of the country (i.e., those that voted for Trump) support this behavior and thinking, or at the very least, will simply allow it to occur and they will just look the other way.  But anyone with any sense, and that includes many Trump supporters, can recognize that that the guy behind the wheel is an idiot, pure and simple. 

That doesn't make it right, and I'm sure it's unsettling if you are the recipient of such vitriol.  I am very disheartened that...I think this is going to feel like a very looooonnnng four years.  ;-(

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2016, 01:52:22 PM »
Truly freighting.  Losers like that guy are a dime a dozen in Astoria.  Careful out there everyone.

This has been happening since 9/11 and will continue to happen - and it's horrible.  But to say that guys like that are "a dime a dozen in Astoria" troubles me.  Astoria is probably one of the most successful stories of diversity in the entire city.  I just wish we can all keep things in perspective - no matter what our feelings are right now. 

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2016, 05:25:08 PM »
It troubles me too. 

This has been happening since 9/11 and will continue to happen - and it's horrible.  But to say that guys like that are "a dime a dozen in Astoria" troubles me.  Astoria is probably one of the most successful stories of diversity in the entire city.  I just wish we can all keep things in perspective - no matter what our feelings are right now.

Offline Egglantine

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2017, 12:23:55 AM »
This happened near Astoria Kaufman on Saturday night. At least these guys don't bother hiding their faces or hats in addition to their idiocy?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1154826607959219&id=100002956718611

Also, beware that there is a guy who rants about anti-immigrant stuff in the area around 31st St. and Ditmars. He walks a chihuahua. The other day he was saying negative things about immigrants to the cashier (who seemed to be an immigrant?) at the grocery store next to Key Food.

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2017, 08:39:13 AM »
Covered faces = ultimate cowardice.  What a pathetic group.

Thanks for the warning about the crazy guy - we all need to look out for one another. 

This happened near Astoria Kaufman on Saturday night. At least these guys don't bother hiding their faces or hats in addition to their idiocy?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1154826607959219&id=100002956718611

Also, beware that there is a guy who rants about anti-immigrant stuff in the area around 31st St. and Ditmars. He walks a chihuahua. The other day he was saying negative things about immigrants to the cashier (who seemed to be an immigrant?) at the grocery store next to Key Food.

Offline bstewart

• Mayor
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »
...He walks a chihuahua...
I wonder how he will feel when his dog is on the other side of the wall.

Offline mm

• Council Member
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2017, 04:53:00 PM »
I wonder how he will feel when his dog is on the other side of the wall.

:cheesy:

Offline Egglantine

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2017, 06:52:40 PM »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life