relax

Author Topic: De-Elect Trump  (Read 6985 times)

Offline Eamonn

• Council Member
Re: De-Elect Trump
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 03:21:25 PM »
Then you too, should be dissatisfied by these results. I'm not saying Hilary is perfect, but I did vote for her for the good of my black, latino, muslim, and gay friends, and for the safety of our planet.
Yes, I figure we lose no matter who was elected. I know our country can do better.

Offline astoria101

• Citizen
  • 11106 - Kaufman Arts District, Dutch Kills, LIC
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 05:30:33 PM »
Our country will survive.

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »
Hate to break it to you snowflake

Weather Report: This snowflake does not melt

Offline mm

• Council Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 10:39:23 PM »
oh, it was sarcasm...gotcha.  hoo boy.

Gosh dang-it; I broke a rib laughing for nothing?...

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »

Count update:

Over 3.5 million people have signed so far.  If you haven't signed yet, please sign now, and please keep sharing the link. 

Clinton got the most votes. 

If most of Astoria voted for one candidate, and one representative of Astoria voted for another candidate, and only that one vote was counted, would you accept that Astoria had voted for the other candidate?

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19?recruiter=628862459&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Offline KellyO

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 04:33:12 PM »
News alert: Trump won. The way the system works is the president is decided by the electoral college vote.

The popular vote was essentially a tie with Hillary winning by .5%. The electoral college looks at the whole country and recognizes that every state has different needs, and it respects state power. Plus, we are the United STATES of American, not the United STATE. Most importantly, 52.2% of American voters voted for someone other than Hillary (Trump, Johnson, Stein). So, voting FOR her was not the popular choice.

I think rethinking the electoral college is legitimate but not now. It needs to happen before the next election. You can't change the rules just because you are upset Hillary lost.

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 12:43:55 AM »
Reminder: You don't have to sign the petition to read it, but you do have to read it to know what you're talking about.

Less than 200,000 signatures to go!

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19?recruiter=628862459&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 04:07:18 AM »

4,432,384 peope have signed the petition so far.

Please be another one.  If you've already signed, please tell your friends and family about the petition.

Offline kidsolo

• Citizen
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2016, 05:11:10 AM »
 This sums up the problem with the "every kid gets a trophy generation" I didn't win,so lets change the rules. Lets protest democracy?! Sickens me

Offline mm

• Council Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 10:53:34 AM »
This sums up the problem with the "every kid gets a trophy generation" I didn't win,so lets change the rules. Lets protest democracy?! Sickens me

With all due respect, it seems it is you who isn't understanding how the system (of "democracy") functions in the US. Nobody is asking for rules to be set aside in the above petition, the petition is for the electoral voters to vote not for the candidate of their party but for someone else. In most states they have the right to do so, in some states their votes won't be counted if they do, and in some states there's a moderate fine as a result. But if they vote differently than they said they would it isn't a change of the rules.

So, while that petition might "sicken you" it's far far worse and far more sickening that someone whines about the petition without fully understanding just how the system works AND presumably having the right to vote.

Maybe there really should be a "drivers license" for voting.

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 11:16:52 AM »
And the right answer is that this whole conversation belongs in Random Gabble and I hope the moderators will move it there ASAP.  While we can argue that nearly any issue affects local residents, such as the fact that the sun rose today, this is not a local issue.  It has already become divisive, which goes against the core mission of this entire site.

Offline mm

• Council Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
I agree.

Offline angela1969

• Activist
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 06:52:25 PM »
Trump won get over it -- cry babies at their best -- Obama was the worse president we ever had beside Jimmy Carter now Carter is looking better then Obama -- if Hillary got it it would have been another 4 or 8 years with the same things that Obama has done ruin this country --

Offline angela1969

• Activist
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »
you are suppose to be a legal american citizen to vote in the united states and not with an ID card that is issued

Offline mm

• Council Member
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 09:42:32 PM »
Trump won get over it -- cry babies at their best -- Obama was the worse president we ever had beside Jimmy Carter now Carter is looking better then Obama -- if Hillary got it it would have been another 4 or 8 years with the same things that Obama has done ruin this country --

like edumakation a parently.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life