relax

Author Topic: Space for cooking classes  (Read 1173 times)

Offline ibeacco

• Resident
Space for cooking classes
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »
Hey Astorians,
i'm looking for a space to rent for my cooking classes in the area. I'm focusing on kids and youth classes, so not much hot stove cooking, but definitely a place with a decent kitchen, even better open kitchen, would be great. I've got pretty much all the equipment i need, but a facility with some refrigeration and more important good aeration (exhaust system or a really powerful make up air would suffice) would really help the operation. I looked around a bit, but most places are plain party hall with no cooking allowed or are commercial grade kitchens, but really unfriendly for potential students.
If anybody knows also some local restaurant or catering place that may be willing to make some extra money allowing me to run my own classes within their facility, please pass infos along. I'm open to collaborations with local businesses if that would help sort a deal out.
Thanks!!!
Ivan

Offline astoria101

• Citizen
  • 11106 - Kaufman Arts District, Dutch Kills, LIC
Re: Space for cooking classes
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 07:24:01 PM »
I don't know anything beyond their website but I guess you've checked out this place?

http://www.entrepreneurspace-qedc.com/EntrepreneurSpace/

Seems like running a class in a restaurant or catering hall kitchen would get their insurance canceled (if they are anything like the insurance companies that I have been dealing with lately.

Sounds like a nice idea, best of luck to you.

Offline ibeacco

• Resident
Re: Space for cooking classes
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 05:35:29 PM »
Thank you!!! Yes, I actually took the tour and introduction, its a great place for production but not for a show like a class. I'll try to contact few larger restaurant in the area and see if any may be open to a collaboration using their space.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life