relax

Author Topic: New Wine Bar called Kilo  (Read 4276 times)

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
New Wine Bar called Kilo
« on: October 05, 2016, 08:06:12 AM »
I see they put up a sign for the new wine bar next to the liquor store on Ditmars.  It's called Kilo.  I wonder when it will open.

Offline JeffE93

• Activist
Re: New Wine Bar called Kilo
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 02:08:54 PM »
Apparently, it's owned by the folks who own Adega- the liquor store next door.   Good luck to them! 

Offline Eamonn

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 10:44:23 AM »
Anybody have any info on this place? Good/bad/indifferent?

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
It's not open yet

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »
It's not a wine bar, it's a Brazilian restaurant that will be selling their meats by weight, or by the "kilo".   

I see they put up a sign for the new wine bar next to the liquor store on Ditmars.  It's called Kilo.  I wonder when it will open.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 08:05:20 AM »
I wonder why everyone thought it was going to be a wine bar. I was wondering why they chose that name for the place

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 08:11:25 AM »
I read a few articles that said it was going to be a wine bar. This is very strange that now it will be a Brazilian restaurant.  This is the first I've heard about this.

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 10:27:11 AM »
It's not a wine bar, it's a Brazilian restaurant that will be selling their meats by weight, or by the "kilo".

Are you positive about this?  I know the former Natures Taste (meats) on Ditmars is planning to open with a BBQ theme with cooked meat ready to be sold.  There was definitely talk of Kilo being a wine bar.  Frankly, I was hoping it would be.  I'd like to see more of a variety on Ditmars for low-key nightlife, cocktails, and drinks. http://weheartastoria.com/2016/10/kilo-wine-bar-opening-soon/

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 03:36:06 PM »
Yes.

Are you positive about this?  I know the former Natures Taste (meats) on Ditmars is planning to open with a BBQ theme with cooked meat ready to be sold.  There was definitely talk of Kilo being a wine bar.  Frankly, I was hoping it would be.  I'd like to see more of a variety on Ditmars for low-key nightlife, cocktails, and drinks. http://weheartastoria.com/2016/10/kilo-wine-bar-opening-soon/

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 02:12:04 PM »
Indeed and we were there this past Friday night and had a great time.  It's a very comfortable space.  Forget the wine - they have an incredible bourbon bar instead!  Also a nice beer selection.  And if you get hungry, you just go up to the counter in the back and they'll make up a plate to order of Brazilian BBQ.  The staff was super friendly, as was the crowd.  Really enjoyed our time there.

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
We finally checked out this place last night - it was fantastic!  I admit I was skeptical of the concept but the meats were so delicious, the buffet sides all tasty and it was just an overall positive vibe in there.  A great (and unique) addition to the neighborhood, that's for sure.

Indeed and we were there this past Friday night and had a great time.  It's a very comfortable space.  Forget the wine - they have an incredible bourbon bar instead!  Also a nice beer selection.  And if you get hungry, you just go up to the counter in the back and they'll make up a plate to order of Brazilian BBQ.  The staff was super friendly, as was the crowd.  Really enjoyed our time there.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 08:06:23 AM »
I walked in there yesterday around 6:30 just to check it out and it was really crowded.  The food smelled and looked really good.  I'm going to try it out this weekend.  I also liked the atmosphere... very comfortable with some nice music playing

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 08:13:57 AM »
I went here yesterday for lunch and loved everything about it.  The food was delicious, the atmosphere was warm, welcoming and comfortable with brightly colored paintings and nice music playing.  The service was also great.  This will be a regular spot for me to go to.

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 01:17:17 PM »
I went here yesterday for lunch and loved everything about it.  The food was delicious, the atmosphere was warm, welcoming and comfortable with brightly colored paintings and nice music playing.  The service was also great.  This will be a regular spot for me to go to.
I couldn't agree more.  In fact, it will probably be so popular that it will be hard to get in there many times.  It's interesting how a place can hit it so right like this.  It's as if this is what Ditmars has been waiting for.  It really is just the right mix of classy and casual.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
I was sitting at the table by the front and the windows were open. I felt like I was sitting outside and just by sitting there with my plate of food I was attracting people to walk in.  That's the way it was for me.  I was walking by and saw people sitting there and I wanted to go inside and check it out.  This is so different from any restaurant in the area.  The food is so unique and delicious.  I just have to be careful not to eat too much  :rolleyes:

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life