relax

Author Topic: Room for rent on 36th St off 30th Ave - $880 - Oct 15  (Read 1343 times)

Offline cubemonkey

• Resident
Room for rent on 36th St off 30th Ave - $880 - Oct 15
« on: September 21, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »
I am moving out of a shared apartment before October 15th and looking for a replacement tenant. The apartment is a 3-bedroom on the entire first floor of a semi-attached, private row house on 36th Street between 30th and 31st Ave -- quiet and beautiful tree-lined street, just down the block from some of the best restaurants and bars in Astoria and accessible by both the N and R/M lines.

The room is large at about 12'x11' with two big windows and get tons of sunlight. There is a tall and deep closet in the hallway just outside the room, and the room also has plenty of space for dressers and/or armoire. The rent is $880 and includes heat and hot water. The internet (about $25/month/each, internet only, no cable) and electric (about $30/month/each on average, a little more in the summer with the AC) are split evenly. The room is located in the back of the apartment, away from the entrance, living room and kitchen, which provides lots of privacy.

There is a very large living area in the front (which currently fits two couches, a full size dining table with six chairs, a media unit and some shelves, though some of that furniture will be going with me) and a separate, roomy kitchen with plenty of space and all the tools you need to cook. There is also access to a basement where you can store your bike.

The roommates are two professional women in their mid-30s who are often busy and out of the house -- we often don't see each other for days or weeks because of our schedules. They are very friendly, easy going and keep the shared spaces clean. No preference for a female or male roommate as long as the person is considerate, trustworthy and responsible. Guests are welcome, again as long as you are considerate. The landlord is congenial and though he lives upstairs, we hardly ever see him. We don't have any pets, so no pets would be easier/preferred, but we could ask our landlord for approval on a case-by-case basis.

I will post photos tonight. Thank you!

Offline cubemonkey

• Resident
Re: Room for rent on 36th St off 30th Ave - $880 - Oct 15
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:22:13 PM »
Revision from my prior posts, since I can't seem to edit it -- the room that will be available is an approximately 12'x12' room with a very large closet that's 3' wide and 5' deep, located just outside the room in the hallway. The room has 2 windows and is very spacious -- at the moment, it comfortably fits a king bed, 2 nightstands, a small dresser, a floor lamp, 2 bookshelves, a reading chair and a small clothing rack.

Here are the photos. Please PM me if you're interested. Thank you!

Offline Karina. S

• Tourist
Re: Room for rent on 36th St off 30th Ave - $880 - Oct 15
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 11:54:42 PM »
Hi,

My friend are looking to move into the Astoria area and would be interested in the room. I am not sure if it's possible to accommodate the two us us, we would understand if it is costlier for for two people,  if so we would love to get to meet you and discuss further details. We are looking to move in by the end of this month and live there for at least two years. we are generally out and about and not at home much ourselves. I look forward to hearing from you and hope that we may be a match. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Karina S.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life