relax

Author Topic: The Last Word on Ditmars  (Read 4160 times)

Offline TJT

• Senator
Re: The Last Word on Ditmars
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 08:18:32 AM »
Would have been cool if it was actually a hardware store in the day, and a lounge at night.
Brilliant!  Seriously.  That reminds me of one of my all time favorite Italian restaurants in Queens, Sapori d'Ischia.  They were in Woodside.  A thriving Italian market, deli, and import business all day.  Then a wonderful bar and restaurant transformation took place at night. 

Offline BoredTemp

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 12:09:48 PM »
We were curious and went on Friday to try it out.

The drinks were very tasty and interesting.  The atmosphere is very comfortable.  Music not too loud, good seating, etc.

Great date-night place.

Offline yippee1999

• Council Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 11:03:19 AM »

I always said I'd never go to this place...that it seemed they were trying to hard ...you know, 'hipsters'.  ;-)

But I'd heard so many good things, that I finally gave it a try.

Check-in process was pretty easy.  At around 900p on a Friday we arrived, gave our cell #, and in about 15 mins. received a text that a table was ready for us.  'Hostess' brought us to our table.

Pros:  great drinks, nice chill ambiance, not too crowded (clearly they pace the crowd so that it's never crowded), low noise level meant you could have conversation, and music playlist was great

Cons: as I suspected, the people who work here just scream Wiliamsburg/Bushwick.  The hostess looked like she was plucked right out of an episode of 'Girls', and the bartenders had the prerequisite lumberjack beards, tattoos, and very carefully rolled-up white shirt sleeves (....you know...so you could see those cool tats of theirs....)  ;-)

Would I go back?  Yes, actually I would... as I really liked the chill vibe and the elegant drinks.  A great place to take out-of-town guests.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life