relax

Author Topic: Flattops  (Read 9767 times)

Offline RayG

• Mayor
Re: Flattops
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 10:17:36 AM »
Sign on door this AM said "We will be open Wednesday @ 5PM"

Don't know if they're being ironic or what....

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 11:44:18 AM »
They are very ironic.  They act like they think they are being cute, but it's obnoxious to me.

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 11:52:04 AM »
If they put that sign up that says "We'll open around 5, or whenever we feel like", We could put up a sign that says:

"We'll show up when you grow up and be serious about running a business, if that's what it is"

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 12:46:23 PM »
Ray G that sounds like a good idea.  The way they are running this business is very childish

Offline Eamonn

• Council Member
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 01:08:04 PM »
This place just caters to a newer subset of the neighborhood that lives in Astoria now. They are into all this pretentious garbage. Let them have it, most of their clientele will be back home in Ohio, Florida, Texas in no time.

Offline King of Long Island City

• Council Member
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 01:14:18 PM »
This place just caters to a newer subset of the neighborhood that lives in Astoria now. They are into all this pretentious garbage. Let them have it, most of their clientele will be back home in Ohio, Florida, Texas in no time.

get off my lawn!!!!

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 09:59:41 AM »
didn't notice on Wednesday if they opened at 5 or not. But they sure weren't open yesterday at 5 and looked even less "open" on the inside than they have recently.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 10:27:03 AM »
I was really looking forward to this place opening, but when I hear things like they don't open at the time posted on the door it makes me wonder how serious they are about running their business.  I'm still waiting for them to have lunch hours.  Maybe that will never happen.

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 10:59:39 AM »
I was really looking forward to this place opening, but when I hear things like they don't open at the time posted on the door it makes me wonder how serious they are about running their business.  I'm still waiting for them to have lunch hours.  Maybe that will never happen.

Lunch?  Don't get your hopes up.  I was getting a haircut across the street yesterday (a Tuesday) - maybe 7:00 pm or so.  I noticed they were closed.  This place is someone's hobby.  Not a business.  Good news is that I heard the cocktail lounge that will soon open where CafĂ© Bene was is shaping up very nicely.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2016, 03:35:08 PM »
Well if they keep doing what they're doing maybe they won't be open for long

Offline beansiegal

• Citizen
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2017, 01:36:47 PM »
I've tried it a few times and both times I was underwhelmed.  It's no Queens Comfort, that's for sure. 

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2017, 08:15:10 AM »
I think they're trying to make this into a club with a dj.  I see signs all over the place.  It's not for me

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »

Bad music and even worse food...not for me either Brauno.

I think they're trying to make this into a club with a dj.  I see signs all over the place.  It's not for me

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »
I think it is very obnoxious of them to post so many flyers all over the place on Ditmars.  Maybe if they keep it up they will get a fine from Dept. of Sanitation :huh:

Offline BoredTemp

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2017, 09:29:09 PM »
Tried to check it out last week,   but the cloud of vape made it impossible.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life