relax

Author Topic: Flattops  (Read 9755 times)

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
Flattops
« on: May 09, 2016, 08:18:20 AM »
I saw they put up the sign for Flattops on Ditmars.  This used to be the Sushi place.  I think this is supposed to be the place with burgers and pinball machines.  I have a feeling this will be a fun place.  I wonder when it will be open.

Offline C-J

• Senator
Re: Flattops
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:28:20 AM »

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 12:11:37 PM »
sigh... why does it need a 'gimmick'?

Offline JeffE93

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 01:08:50 PM »
Knowing these guys, it will probably cost twelve dollars to play a game of pinball.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
Knowing these guys, it will probably cost twelve dollars to play a game of pinball.

If that's the case, there won't be many pinball machine players.  I'm not paying $12 that's for sure.  I'm wondering how they will fit so many pinball machines in that small space

Offline mm

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 04:50:38 PM »
sigh... why does it need a 'gimmick'?

'cause it's cool and hip. $10 pancakes.... pinball and hamburgers.... it all makes sense homey. Stop being a reactionary luddite already!

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:24:44 PM »
They are really working hard in this place.  They now have red chairs and some very interesting artwork on the walls surrounded by neon lights.  It looks like it will open soon.  I'm looking forward to it.  Something different on Ditmars

Offline LaoWombat

• Activist
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 10:35:09 PM »
I've been looking forward to an aircraft carrier themed restaurant for years.  I can't wait to wave off an approaching waitress.
Zen signature below

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 10:25:27 AM »
Pretty small space.. take up several seats with Video games (not all pinball) and the "bar", and you have the makings of having to charge a LOT of money to make up for the lack of seating.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 08:11:47 AM »
I walked past Flattops last night and every seat was filled.  I couldn't even get inside to get a menu.  They had some nice music playing.  I think this place will be popular.  I hope the food is good.  I'll be trying it soon.

Offline smiddlem

• Activist
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »
I passed by last night also.  It was SO PACKED - it looked as though everyone was seated at one long table.  The food looked good though, looking forward to trying it once the hype dies down.

I walked past Flattops last night and every seat was filled.  I couldn't even get inside to get a menu.  They had some nice music playing.  I think this place will be popular.  I hope the food is good.  I'll be trying it soon.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 08:06:08 AM »
I went in to ask them for a menu and the guy told me they didn't officially open yet and that they had a soft opening.  He wasn't very friendly

Offline Eamonn

• Council Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 10:52:17 AM »
I went in to ask them for a menu and the guy told me they didn't officially open yet and that they had a soft opening.  He wasn't very friendly
An unfriendly hipster transplant...thats weird /s

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 11:15:24 AM »
An unfriendly hipster transplant...thats weird /s

It was weird.  A guy was sitting in the restaurant and I walked in and asked for a menu and he looked at me like I was bothering him and told me that they didn't open yet.  I turned around and walked right out.  They should treat potential customers nicer than that

Offline Eamonn

• Council Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 11:19:28 AM »
Sounds about right. Clearly your beard is not up to snuff.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life