relax

Author Topic: Looking for a car to borrow  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Karmashka

• Tourist
Looking for a car to borrow
« on: February 28, 2016, 07:54:08 PM »
Hello there fellow Astorians!

I am looking for a car to borrow for one night a week (Monday). I need it to travel to Queens college and back. Public transport is a nightmare getting there, and zipcar and uber get very expensive after a while...
So if someone has a car gathering dust Monday night and would not mind making some money letting a neighbor use it, let's talk!

I have a clean driving record , am mature and responsible. Obviously, I will pay for the gas I used as well.

You can contact me at my email address : karmashka@yahoo.com

Lena

Offline yippee1999

• Council Member
Re: Looking for a car to borrow
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »
I simply want to 'applaud' you for your efforts.  ;-)  I'm sorry it seems you've gotten no replies.  I find it very sad and utterly wasteful how most Americans utilize their cars.  It's a fact that most cars sit doing absolutely nothing 90% of each day.

In many other countries, the idea of car-sharing has caught on.  But like many things, it seems the US really has a ways to go.  Most car-owners are extremely wasteful.  Unless you live in an outer borough where you have no good access to a subway and/or you have young children or very elderly family, for the most part there is no good reason to own a vehicle in a place such as NYC, and with its great public transportation, taxis, Fresh Direct delivery, dry cleaning and laundry pickup/delivery, Amazon delivery, Chewy.com delivery, Zipcar rentals etc.   

Many NYers manage just fine without a car.

I have never owned a car in my life and have zero interest in ever owning one.  The cost to buy a car, maintenance, repairs, insurance, registration, shoveling in the winter, dealing with parking, gas, traffic, etc.  Who needs it?

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life