relax

Author Topic: Still looking for female friends (mid 30s and up) in the nabe  (Read 1558 times)

Offline yippee1999

• Council Member
Still looking for female friends (mid 30s and up) in the nabe
« on: February 23, 2016, 02:27:23 PM »

Thought I should start a new post to make it clear that ...I'm still looking to make some friends in the nabe! ;-)

As mentioned, I'm totally normal ;-) ....have plenty of friends outside of Astoria, and while they DO occasionally visit me here, it always must be 'planned' in advance.  It's not quite the same as having folks in the immediate vicinity to just say 'hey, what are you up to ...wanna meet for brunch...or drinks'?   etc.

The older I get (I'm 52 and have friends of all ages...younger and older), and the longer I live the solitary apartment life, the more I think 'Why can't people be real NEIGHBORS anymore?'  I mean, even in my small apartment building where I live, most of us are single, and every night we close ourselves up in our own private litte box apartments.  Why?... why aren't we connecting with our neighbors more?  Are we afraid of appearing weird?  Or (gasp) lonely?  What's wrong with wanting to connect with other human beings every now and then, even for just some simple conversation?  ;-)

I myself live near Steinway/Ditmars, but can certainly travel to other parts of Astoria to meet up.

So let me know if anyone wants to start off meeting for just coffee or anything...

Thanks! 

Offline Traci520

• Tourist
Re: Still looking for female friends (mid 30s and up) in the nabe
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »
Hi Yippee
I saw your post which is kinda old but I thought I would try anyway. I logged on to see what happened to mussells and sausages, a restaruant on Dimars that closed. Astortians site came up and the rest is..., well me here now :)
anyway, I am totally normal, moved here 3 years ago from living in NYC for 19 years. I am an artist, and art director for magazines and would to have a friend my age!! (I am 55) in the hood.
I also live right next to steinway and off ditmars. if you are still looking to meet new friends, e-mail me back. thanks
Tracy

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life