relax

Author Topic: Still interested in Frosting  (Read 2114 times)

frozenfroot

Still interested in Frosting
« on: September 18, 2004, 06:50:52 PM »
i am still looking for interested readers to start something like a bookclub... except easier... no homework.

it would look like this:

you are sitting with a diverse group of people (various backgrounds, ages, etc...) someone holds a book and reads...

maybe they are reading 'two paths diverged in a wood' and it sounds like 'too passu diverugoo in a woodoo' because the person grew up speaking japanese... or something.

then

the book gets passed to someone else and they pick up where the first person left off. easy. the book goes around and around and we take turns reading.  thats it.

it wouldnt have to be robert frost neccessarily, either.  anything would do. we could bring our kids and read fairy tales, even, if that is what people wanted to do.

anyway

thought i would throw this out there again...

ff

Offline mridude

• Mayor
  • THIS is a one bedroom apartment in Astoria?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 05:36:06 PM »
I was once stuck on a train in a tunnel during the Christmas holidays with a group of crying school kids. Somebody had Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" which got passed around to anyone willing to read it as each reader started to go hoarse. The train got moving about half way through and some people actually seemed upset that they were not going to hear the end. One woman said..." I've only seen the movie! "
Definition of a "Junior 1 Bedroom": A Studio Apt. cut in half!

Bookbinder

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 10:31:19 PM »
i think we should read the dictionary

:idea:
 :D

frozenfroot

very funny. the dictionary. har har.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:19:25 PM »
im onto your little scam 'bb.' you been savin up them coverless throwaway outdated dictionaries - right.  a little bit of glue here, a new spine there, har har 'nobody'll be able to tell the difference'

i heard about that dictionary reading club you tried to start  over in philly...

thought you could make a clean getaway huh.

fat chance

i know where you live... book boy. above the pediatrician's office - right.

ever see peter greenaway films - har har har

dictionary, har har

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life